Favorite Handgun? - Page 20
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Handgun?

1. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    As always, quite a comical post. You just missed the James Bond reference (Walther PPK in .32 ACP). Do you have any reference for .32 ACP being the favorite caliber in Europe? Otherwise, I count this as completely false. As far as I know, the most "popular" calibers in Europe were and are .380 ACP, 9mm, and 918mm Makarov. I put the word popular in quotes as some countries, like Italy, limit caliber availability for non-LEOs.

.32 ACP was a popular caliber in the '30s and '40s in Europe, which is why so many of the Walther PPK and Mauser HSc pistols can be found in that caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones0430 View Post
    .32 ACP was a popular caliber in the '30s and '40s in Europe.....
    Guess what? That was a long time ago......

Much more advanced ammo as well as firearms....

No need for girly calibers.....

Right Conrad? How is the weather in London, by the way..

4. Many John Wayne and Dirty Harry fans believe that you need a gun that will blow a big hole thru someone. I actually wonder if John Wayne could have really handled a .45 because he lost one lung due to smoking and died from stomach cancer due to drinking alcohol. However, people who want large calibers have plenty to choose from.

I really don't know what girly calibers are, can you tell me CharlesMorrison? Now .22lr have been used by the Mafia and many others. In fact most Alligator hunters use .22lr. The .22 Mag is more powerful. .32 acp was once issued to military officers in europe. So I'm not sure what girly calibers are.

I guess some people like to impress with guns that make a loud roar and put a big hole in you. Then they can belly up to the bar and brag about what their big gun did, like in the old west.

But many have been killed with a .22lr and .32 acp. Sure it is not as dramatic, but they do the job. I bet CharlesMorrison would not want a .22lr, .22mag, or .32 acp round in his chest. Go ahead and be a big caliber person, you have the right. But don't attack someone with a small caliber either. Remember the little guy David who slew Goliath?

I like smaller calibers and .32 acp are the two guns I have now. I can shoot them accurately and get follow up shots fast. I feel secure carrying them.

I have a Ruger LCP (don't really like it) I usually carry a Ruger SR40C and lately carrying a Glock G19 gen 4. I do think my future is in 9mm. But will still keep my .40S&Ws

Caliber discussions are always fun.

As far as I know, the mob used .22lr pistols for assassinations, i.e., carefully planned murder. There is a difference between sneaking up to a victim (or holding him by force) and shooting him in the head vs. facing an aggressor, potentially getting shot at, and trying to eliminate the threat in self defense.

As far as I know, Alligator hunters use .22lr rifles, not pistols. There is a difference, you know.

As for .32 ACP once being issued to military officers in Europe, that was a long time ago. European NATO countries have been using 9mm and the Eastern Bloc countries have been using 918mm Makarov.

Can .22lr and .32ACP kill? Sure, but they are less effective than larger calibers.

Been using a Ruger SR40C as double duty for last 2 years. Now i carry a Glock G19 gen4 and the Ruger sits on night stand.

My EDC is a SCCY CPX-2.. I have been carrying it for the last 14 months and absolutely love this handgun, it is accurate, and definitely dependable. I have others like the Ruger LC9 (don't like this handgun at all), Taurus TCP (my backup carry gun).......

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by mi77915 View Post
    ...Ruger LC9 (don't like this handgun at all)

Tom
    Tom,
    I have the same dislike of my LC9. I bought one about a year ago with the intention of making it my EDC Since Ruger intro'd the LC9S, trade-in value on the plain 'ol LC9 plummeted. With that in mind, I'm going to add a new trigger set and try to make the LC9 usable, AND accurate. Already added a steel guide rod and replacement springs. Love the size and carry-ability of the LC9, but it's a real turd to shoot. Reverted back to my M&P 40c for my EDC.

10. The more I shoot my Kel Tec P-32 .32 acp the more I like it. This little pocket gun is so light and thin for CCW and very dependable.
    Has not had one hiccup since I unboxed it. 150 flawless rounds. Low recoil for easy follow up shots. Just throw it in a pocket and
    you are ready to go. No muss, no fuss. Of course if 5 guys with .45's all attacked me at once I would be in trouble. But so far that
    has never happened. The P-32 is the perfect pocket pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    The more I shoot my Kel Tec P-32 .32 acp the more I like it. This little pocket gun is so light and thin for CCW and very dependable.
    Has not had one hiccup since I unboxed it. 150 flawless rounds. Low recoil for easy follow up shots. Just throw it in a pocket and
    you are ready to go. No muss, no fuss. Of course if 5 guys with .45's all attacked me at once I would be in trouble. But so far that
    has never happened. The P-32 is the perfect pocket pistol.
    Right, because only when 5 guys with .45's all attack you, you are outgunned.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast