Kel-Tec & Ruger 380, Best Carry Weapons - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kel-Tec & Ruger 380, Best Carry Weapons

Thumbs up .380 Pistol

One of the finest little pistols I have found is the Bersa .380. It was inexpensive but has proven to be an exceptional gun for me. I have large hands and the Bersa is the smallest pistol I can handle comfortably. Some will say that the .380 bullet is too small but, if I have to pull it, I don't think the BG is going to ask the size of the round. I only carry it when I really want to conceal my weapon. My regular carry weapon is the Glock 23 but I sometimes want something a little smaller.

While I respect everybodies opinions of their choices in .380 pistols, mine is different. I own, carry daily a Taurus PT738/TCP. I've had my TCP for over a year now and have put several hundred rounds through it, (unlike some shooters, I don't keep count!). My daughter had a Ruger LCP and had some sort of problem with it, so she sold it and now carries a Kel-Tec P32, I like that little gun but I'll stick by my TCP, thank you very much.
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

4. I carry the Kel-Tec PF9 IWB. very small 9mm and mine has had no problems eating anything I feed it.

My edc is a Glock 19. But my Kel-Tek P32 is always with me being that the thing is so light with full clip plus one in the chamber you can place it in your shirt pocket and no one can tell it is there down side is getting it out of your shirt pocket in a hurry. And for all those that think a 32 is not enough let me shoot you with 8 and then tell me that it is not enough of a bullet. Pocket pistols are made to be pulled and emptied on the attacker no double tap or triple tap for me if I have to pull it I am pulling the trigger till it is empty.
    Since it has no sights on it and is more of a point of aim It is best used at 5 yards for me at 7 yards my shoots don't go where I intend on the target.

i could never lay into a gun with a grinder like that. i've been research which gun to buy and this is the first i've heard of this. an increased tension clip release spring would have solved the problem without scarring the gun.
    "An unloaded gun is an exspensive club"! Sig Sauer P239 DAK .40 S&W // 2nd Amend = you can carry as soon as your father says you can!

Be careful not to practice your tacticalness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
    So when you carry a concealed handgun, do not announce it with trumpets and CCW Badges, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored as sheepdogs and mall ninjas. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you carry a concealed handgun, do not let your attire indicate what you are doing, so that your carrying a handgun may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you by helping you develop increased situational awareness and a tactical mindset.

And when you post on the internet, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to refer to magazines as clips because they think it sounds gangsta. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you post on the internet, first do a Google search for a good glosary of firearms terms. Learn these terms and use them correctly. Then other gunowners, who see what you have done, will reward you with useful information on firearms.

I carry a Kel-Tec P-11 in winter and have put a Ruger LCP in layaway for use this summer with thinner clothing. That 9.4 ounce weapon sure feels good in an IWB holster. I'm also gonna get a pocket holster but don't know which one to get yet.

"A free people should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from anyone, including their own government. ~ G. Washington

handgonnetoter Guest
    I was carrying my LCP, in a Uncle Mikes #3 pocket holster, all day long today!

Just purchased my LCP this past Thursday, I've got to say it's a nice little handgun. During my purchase, before the paperwork even started, the gun shop owner showed me a Ruger LC9, almost changed my mind. What a feel in the hand, at least mine anyway, and I have big hands. I told him next time, even though I'm typically a .40 cal guy. I just liked the way it felt in my hand, way different than my G23 or PM40. I'm starting to think "single stack" might just be the way to go. I want to shoot the LC9 before I make an emotional purchase - that just might be my decision maker, who knows
    NRA Member, Glock 23, Kahr PM 40, Tanfoglio GT 380, S&W mdl 42 .38, Ruger LCP .380, Colt Police Positive .38spl, High Standard Mfg Corp .22

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12