More Concealable: Revolver or Semi Auto? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: More Concealable: Revolver or Semi Auto?

1. As I was the OP, I want to thank everyone for their good advice. For what it's worth, I did go with the S&W J 642CT for a few reasons. I did feel it was very easy to conceal as were the other choices I was looking at. By no means do I have a "collection" of handguns, but I have a 9MM semi, and I guess part of me wanted a revolver. Also, for some reason, I feel more comfortable carrying a 642 with no safety then a semi with one in the chamber (safety or not) Cost came it to it since I started thinking that really want a laser as well. (reasons being I can practice dry firing with "some visible feedback", being able to shoot without having to bring the gun up to a normal shooting position (i.e hip) and get on target quicker, and lastly, "MAYBE" the laser will add in deterring a BG and therefor not need to fire. I found one for $515, including shipping. I've shot about 100 rounds with and without the laser and love it. Thanks again.

Good choice. Don't forget to pick up a few Bianchi Speed strips for reload. They are a bil slower to use than speedloaders but it's very easy to carry 12 strips in your jean's 5th pocket
    My gun is like an adult diaper, I wear it daily & no one has to know, until the day "crap happens"

Without a doubt a small 380 kel tec or ruger are the smallest in a firearm that may stop your agressor.

My favorite is the smith model 642, it is a little bit larger but I am guarenteed 5 38 spec +p shots compared with
    6 380 auto shots from the semi autos.

Just my 2 cents
    I welcome your comments
    Pat Olvey, Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hamilton County
    email [email protected]

What stores carry the bianchi speed strips? I am use to the speed loaders but not the strips.

thanks
    Pat Olvey, Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hamilton County
    email [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by ohio pat View Post
    What stores carry the bianchi speed strips? I am use to the speed loaders but not the strips.

thanks
    Just about every gun shop will carry them. You can also pick them up on Ebay.
    bianchi speed strips | eBay

I got mine on Ebay from Seller fatboys1011 for $8.90 a pair
    My gun is like an adult diaper, I wear it daily & no one has to know, until the day "crap happens"

7. Quote Originally Posted by ohio pat View Post

thanks
    Brownell's, Dillon Precision and Midway carry them, too, and they come in a 2 pack. They are made for 6 shots but if you are using them with a J frame, just leave the 6th spot empty. It actually makes them easier to use because you have a bit more room on the strip to hold it. For hot weather concealed carry, they are hard to beat. They aren't as fast as a speedloader to use (especially the Safariland speedloaders) but it beats having to throw the gun or start picking up rocks!

At work I wear slacks so my LCP goes into my back pocket (in a DeSantis Gunhide wallet-style holster). If I'm not working I'm usually wearing baggy cargo shorts and I'll drop my LCR .357 into one of the side pockets. Cool weather that requires an overshirt or windbreaker means that I can carry a larger pistol on my belt.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234