I need help on finding a new gun

Thread: I need help on finding a new gun

Post I need help on finding a new gun

I recently sold my last handgun, and now I'm looking for a new one for concealed carry, open carry, and home defense, and also for going out on the range and just shooting.
    What I'm not sure about is whether to go with a large calibre, small calibre, semi auto, or revolver.
    The handguns I've owned in the past are:
    A Jimenez arms .22 semi auto
    A Hi point .45 semi auto
    And A Pietta .44 Black powder revolver.

I liked the .44, and .22, but the Hi point .45 was just too loud, and had too much kick for my likes.
    The .22 was a hoot to shoot, but jammed up alot.
    and the .44 was just weird, and awkward.
    I guess I'm just no good at picking out the right gun for myself,
    So I thought I'd ask you guys for your opinions, and advice.

Personally I like the North American Arms 22 magnum mini-revolver and my Charter Arms snub-nose 38 special. I honestly dont think that there is a 'best' carry gun for everyone. Perhaps if you can afford it having more than 1 gun is the answer. Mabye 1 gun for plinking and another for carry and mabye a back-up gun. I happen to be a 'revolver person' but that is a matter of preference. There are more opinions on guns than there are pages in the IRS code. Another idea is to try various guns out at a range. Do what works for you but whatever you land up with PRACTICE.

finding a new gun

Quote Originally Posted by Hick 22 View Post
    I recently sold my last handgun, and now I'm looking for a new one for concealed carry, open carry, and home defense, and also for going out on the range and just shooting.
    What I'm not sure about is whether to go with a large calibre, small calibre, semi auto, or revolver.
    The handguns I've owned in the past are:
    A Jimenez arms .22 semi auto
    A Hi point .45 semi auto
    And A Pietta .44 Black powder revolver.

I liked the .44, and .22, but the Hi point .45 was just too loud, and had too much kick for my likes.
    The .22 was a hoot to shoot, but jammed up alot.
    and the .44 was just weird, and awkward.
    I guess I'm just no good at picking out the right gun for myself,
    So I thought I'd ask you guys for your opinions, and advice.
    I normally shoot 9mm. I chose it because it has the right balance between ballistics statistics of JHPs, cost to practice, and availability of ammo. I now own 3 pistols in 9mm and I really like them all (they are all VERY ACCURATE).

Kahr MK9 - size of some .380s but with power of 9mm, very thin, heavy, trigger is smooth as glass, nothing feels more comfy in my hand than this gun

Springfield Armory XDM9 - very soft shooting, high capacity (but long grip makes it hard to conceal), lovely design overall

Heckler and Koch USP9c - my first gun, excellent design, never been picky about ammo ... I like the other two better for shooting (how they feel in my hand), the absolute reliability of the gun prevents me from selling it

Go to the range, and RENT SOME GUNS. Or borrow some if you can. Stats on a gun can only get you so far--you have to FEEL the gun, feel the way it shoots, and be comfortable with it.

Best of luck in your search,

Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    Personally I like the North American Arms 22 magnum mini-revolver...
    Can you tell us how it shoots?