Ruger LCP - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
    I took mine to the range today for qualification to add it to my Nevada CCW permit. (I know it may sound stupid, but who knows Nevada lawmakers.)

The first place I stopped was "The Gun Store" on Tropicana. They told me that I had to fire 12 rounds within 30 seconds. Now, that's pretty hard when I can't find an extra magazine...DUH! I questioned the speed requirement as Nevada really doesn't have set criteria for CCW qualifications. They told me that was "their" requirement. (Of course, they didn't have any extra mags in stock either.)

Finally, I went over to the west side to the American Shooters range. (The one on Boulder Hwy is now permanently closed.) There I found people who weren't interested in how fast I could reload my single magazine, and I put all 24 shots in the black.

Now, all I gotta do is get a $25 money order made out to Las Vegas Metro Police Dept and take it (and the qualification certificate) to the fingerprint bureau that issues CCW's...and wait. They'll mail me my new CCW with the gun listed on the back.

Hope this isn't breaking rules, I don't work there, just had a good experience there buying my SR9C. Also bought a gun from the Gun Store with now problems as well as American Shooters.
    What a pain in the kester it is to add a pistol to your license in Nevada!

Oh well, it's the law and someone has to collect the $$$'s since Senator Harry Reid is now pushing to outlaw prostitution in Nevada. Fat chance, that.

Next time you go qualify a new pistol, go see Tony at Centermass Firearms in Henderson Center Mass Firearms - Las Vegas Gun Dealer and Indoor Shooting Range They have great staff and small range for qualifying. No B/S rules made up for the stores amusement like The Gun Store.

Quote Originally Posted by TWIZLR View Post
    Next time you go qualify a new pistol, go see Tony at Centermass Firearms in Henderson Center Mass Firearms - Las Vegas Gun Dealer and Indoor Shooting Range They have great staff and small range for qualifying. No B/S rules made up for the stores amusement like The Gun Store.
    I've got a good story about Tony at CMF...

When I moved to Nevada, I took my required CCW class at CMF...very well done. On the day I came to "qualify", I brought two guns with me...my wife's SP-101 and my ParaOrdinance LDA.

As Tony was writing up the paperwork, he noticed that the Blue Card for the Ruger was, of course, in my wife's name. He proceeded to tell me that I couldn't qualify with that revolver because it wasn't registered in my name. However, he said I could rent one from him to qualify with.

I told him that was BS...which it is. I drove back to my house to get another revolver from the safe and qualified with it.

For those who may not know, the Blue Card has absolutely nothing to do with the state qualification form. It's a Clark County thing.

I haven't been back since.

Sorry to hear it. I've known Tony for years and don't endorse people or business' easily. I talked to him a couple days ago and that may have been their policy and may not be anymore. The blue card thing here is a joke, but if you have a CCW and your weapon, you better have the stupid little blue card for it. Hopefully in the months to come they'll do away with the blue card as the local law enforcement want nothing to do with it anymore either. Henderson doesn't really recognize it anymore. Good luck and if you find an exceptional gun store in this funky town that is above the bar in every aspect of gun sales, training, range and service, let us all know....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12