Stopping Power or Surgical Accuracy - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stopping Power or Surgical Accuracy

Talking New Kahr CW45

BikerRN---------
    I'm using a Comp-Tac M-Tac with an extra stiff riggers belt from 5.11 best belt and still stiff as concreat after 2 years of carry. The 1911 never shifts and is very comfterble, yet I was looking for somthing a bit shorter, lighter and still have a big bite.

NEW KAHR CW45 18.8 oz plus 7.0oz of load and a mild kick-----
    Today at the gun show I did buy a Kahr CW45 and procedid straight to the range for the 200 round break in and 60 rounds of Speer gold dot 200.gr +p hps and only had 4 stopedges with the break in and zero with the 50 rounds of carry ammo.
    Accuracy was good with average 2.5-3.0 inch groups at 15 yrds:icon_wink:

I'm pleased with my choice I'd now recomend a kahr 45 powerer house to anyone. Mike,
    Last edited by lukem; 03-04-2009 at 11:03 AM.

3. OK, my apologies.

Lots of people complain about the gun when it's really the Belt and Holster causing the problem. I incorrectly assumed the same was true in your case.

mea culpa. :)

Biker

4. I'm not a big Glock fan however, with your financial situation I'd consider the new Glock 30SF. It's a very reliable .45 that conceals well and won't break the bank! :icon_great:

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

Why the big deal on accuracy at 25 yards for a carry gun? In Mich the threat is real at 21 feet and closer so your legal to shoot. They view it at 15 yards your not in danger yet,(so use that time to line up your sights,me) until the enter into the shooting zone. In other states how close do the BG need to be before your considered in danger and can shoot?
    If you served in any branch of the Military, THANK YOU

Accuracy and a gun that carries the most ammo. 9mm for me. Read the following article by Gabe Sauarez.

http://ccwzone.com/forums/index.php?...6&st=0&start=0
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by whiptrackercracker View Post
    dang if I always end up with a novel. :)
    Keep up with them. I learned from that book.

Only thing I could bring up is if you have a current carry piece don't let price stop you. Save up for what you really want. I'm guilty of this (in the past) now I look and find what I like and then I look at price. If it's way out of line I put it on my future buy list. I stay in budget but If I want something bad enough i'll wait for a year for it.
    Rule #1 of CCW: Don't get made.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter57 View Post
    Why the big deal on accuracy at 25 yards for a carry gun? In Mich the threat is real at 21 feet and closer so your legal to shoot. They view it at 15 yards your not in danger yet,(so use that time to line up your sights,me) until the enter into the shooting zone. In other states how close do the BG need to be before your considered in danger and can shoot?
    Most gunfights or shots fired at bad guys occur at 7 yards or less. If you want the most compact formidable defense weapon, get a Kel-Tec P3AT and load it with Buffalo Bore +P 380 ACP Gold Dots which attain 1100 fps in the little Kel-Tec. The gun weighs about 8 ounces empty and 11 ounces fully loaded. You can carry it in a pocket with shorts and a tee shirt in warm weather. It's the ultimate in concealed carry. Check out this link to see the potent stopping power of this gun when stoked with Buffalo Bore 380 ammo:

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...num=1202857757

BTW: I have a big choice in defense guns ranging from a 1911 45 ACP down to a 22 but, the Kel-Tec's the one that's readily concealed in any attire with the possible exeception of a "speedo". :-)
    Last edited by gvaldeg1; 03-14-2008 at 12:30 PM.
    MOLON LABE

9. You bought the right gun.

Going back to your original post, there is no reason to carry a large .380 when you can carry a similar or smaller 9mm or larger gun, presuming you can control it.

If "precise placement" was easy to do when someone is trying to kill you, then cops would carry 30 shot .22's.

10. Quote Originally Posted by whiptrackercracker View Post
    I will be the first one to say you do not need the largest caliber to take a person down. .380 and above all do the trick quite nicely.
    And you base this on what ?

It sounds like you're saying the .380 is just as effective in a gunfight as a .45 or 10mm

I've never heard of anyone that's been in a gunfight who wished their gun was a smaller caliber and held fewer rounds.

The only reason,

I was concerned about a fair amount of accuracy up to 25yrds. Was that in a fight you'll most likely be gaining distance from your threat so if you start out at say 7yrds and side step out to, or past 25yrds, you'd better be able to hit a ducking and weaving target with out lighting up whatever is behind your point of aim(civilians,ect.). I know thats a considerable distance for self defense but you can't start a firefight and yell time out because your target is out of safe range. I'm probably just trying to be to prepared if there is such a thing. All in all I think the Kahr .45 was the wisest choice I could make.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast