.22 recommendation - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .22 recommendation

There are some realy neat 22LR conversion kits for the Glock line of handguns.

handgonnetoter Guest
    I only have experience with the Walther, Ruger, Beretta, and the Browning. All were very good pistols, but if I had to choose I would go with the Browning. Part of shooting is learning to clean the weapon, and in my opinion the Browning was pretty easy in that department.

4. Thank you

I must sya the tha quantity of quality of posts received was excellent. To all who replied THANK YOU. I now know what to look for and with several options!

1 Ruger 22/45
    2 Ruger Single-Six or Bearcat
    3 Charter Arms Pathfinder
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Ruger Mark II. I have heard some negative things about the Sig Mosquito, but haven't actually shot one. The Ruger is just super reliable, and I feel, the most comfortable.

You don't say how old the son is....but don't underestimate what he can handle. The first time I took my daughter to the range she was 11. I let her try all I had... .22 pistol and rifle, ..25 .38 spcl, 9mm...she handled them all just fine. She said the kick back of the 9mm was a little strong but she liked the .38... :-)

I have a Ruger MKIII and love it reccomending it to all. Did not like the Sig Mosquito and the extended barrel Walther P22 was horible.

Hanguns magazine this month just did a test on 5 .22s.

I have shot Buckmarks and they shoot great. Mine only issue for a young person is both Buckmarks I have shot the slide was very hard to cycle.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    I have a Ruger MKIII and love it reccomending it to all. Did not like the Sig Mosquito and the extended barrel Walther P22 was horible.

Hanguns magazine this month just did a test on 5 .22s.

I have shot Buckmarks and they shoot great. Mine only issue for a young person is both Buckmarks I have shot the slide was very hard to cycle.
    Maybe the Buckmarks you shot were reletively new. I have owned two Buckmarks, in the past, and both of them were fine to rack the slide. One had the grasping "humps" and the other did not. I do have to admit that the "humps" made it easier to rack a round into the chamber.

I have a Walther P22, its an amazing and sexy gun, only $400

Second on the Ruger Mark series, but I also like the Ruger Charger pistol (built with the 10/22 rifle action) and the GSG 1911-22.

If you get the charger pistol and later a 10/22 rifle then the similarity between the two might help as well as the ability to share mags between the two.
    Kershaw Shallot 1840, Kel-Tec P-3at, Kel-Tec PF-9, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible), Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12