Anyone heard/tried "Extreme Shock" Ammo? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone heard/tried "Extreme Shock" Ammo?

Just an aside, but I remember reading some time ago that the type of ammo you use can actually be used against you if something ever got to a court situation. If I recall, there was some example of a prosecutor scoring a lot of points because the person used Hydro-Shock rounds. The recommendation in the article was that you should just use plain old jacketed ammo.

Does this still hold true you think?
    "A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin
    (1706 - 1790)

3. Carry what the local law enforcement carry.It has gone through the mill allready.

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Carry what the local law enforcement carry.It has gone through the mill allready.
    Great advice. Find a load that at least one of the local LEO agencies carry and run with it. The local PD use 9mm rounds, so after a brief search, I found a LEO agency that uses .40 s&w 165 grain rounds. All of my magazines are loaded with the same ammo that the particular LEO agency uses.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Carry what the local law enforcement carry.It has gone through the mill allready.
    When I bought my 9mm Ranger +P I asked the guy is I could shoot them in my Glock 26. There were two Tampa Metro offices standing next to me and he verified that is what they used so I figured that was a good round to go with.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

6. The LEO here use Springfield 45 (will the two I talked with do) with Hydro Shock. They have to buy their own guns and ammo. So that is what I use in my Kimber.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12