Anyone heard/tried "Extreme Shock" Ammo?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard/tried "Extreme Shock" Ammo?

Anyone heard/tried "Extreme Shock" Ammo?

While surfing the web, I found this web page showing this ammo called "Extreme Shock." Have any of you out there tried this stuff? Just curious. The web page is: http://www.concealedcarryoutfitters....Ammunition.htm
    A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.

Molon labe!

Quote Originally Posted by sfdtuzolto View Post
    While surfing the web, I found this web page showing this ammo called "Extreme Shock." Have any of you out there tried this stuff? Just curious. The web page is: http://www.concealedcarryoutfitters....Ammunition.htm
    The air freedom rounds (the ones with the orange plastic tips) while advertised to appear like conventional hollow points, are actually more like Corbon Powrball ammo. However, because of the price per round, this is not the type of ammo I would be taking to the range. As for the fang face rounds, over penetration is something to take into consideration before using this ammo.

4. I just read about this round in a magazine and thought it sounded like a great home defense round. It is, per the article, not supposed to go thru an airliner seat or fuselage. No having to worry about little Suzie next door when you catch Jo Jo Crackhead (Scott I love that name) in your house.

Quote from magazine:

"The AFR bullet creates the largest, most wicked wound cavity I have ever seen in any type of test medium from a handgun bullet. The wound is shallow but no other handgun bullet can compare to the sheer volume of tissue damage these bullets are capable of."

A russian bear taken down with a single 9mm!?!?
    Wow, I once put four 9mm FMJ's through a whitetail buck, and he ran away like nothing happened.
    Those Extreme Shocks look brutal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

6. Can anyone tell me what NyTrillium is? Am I understand, it just a fancy word for lead. I think Extreme Shock is just preying on those that are easily impressed by flashy pictures.

I personally would wait to hear some real world results not provided by Extreme Shock.

Those "Box of Truth" guys got hold of some...

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot23.htm

JC
    John C.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by STILLdKING View Post
    Those "Box of Truth" guys got hold of some...

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot23.htm

JC
    They did a pretty good review. Looks just too expensive for me to be messing around with.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

It doesn't look significantly different from regular personal defense rounds, and I can't imagine that saw-toothed thing can be trusted to feed reliably. That looks like it would mostly appeal to people who like hocus-pocus crap. Maybe Benny Hinn would buy that ammo. Thanks anyway, but I'll stick to Glasers, Hydras, DPX, etc.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

10. After reading the review, I'm not going to waste my money on it. The claims don't seem to match reality.

11. Money Wasted

I agree, I have been carring Cor-Bon DPX. Good ammo at half the price.
    Those that hammer their guns into plows will plow for those that did not. Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast