My first Kimber - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My first Kimber

I have no wisdom to contribute, here. Sorry.
    We will not falter. We will not surrender. We will prevail.

NRA Benefactor Member

3. I got my first Kimber a few weeks ago also; Kimber Gold Match 2. I don't user it for CC, but am enjoying taking it to the range.

yeah, don't EVER let your wife shoot your Kimber, unless you want to buy a second one for yourself. :)

I have CT on my Pro Carry II, I had my gunsmith shave down the ambi safety and it looks AWESOME!

Enjoy, beware of the fumes they put off - they are fumes of addiction, "I want more Kimber's I want more Kimber's" LOL

I know what you mean, a dealer just told us he might have a couple more tomorrow.
    kerstingm, NRA Member, CCW Permit,CZ 75B, CZ 75PCR compact, Kimber Ultra Aegis II 9mm, Kimber Ultra Raptor 45, Beretta Px4 Storm 9mm S/C, Sig P229, Ruger Super Redhawk 44 Mag, Taurus PT1911, DPMS AR15, Mossberg 930 SPX 12 Gauge, Beretta AL 390 12 Gauge

Thank you for all of the great responses to my thread, but I have a question. Do any of you Kimber owners know if I can shoot Plus P ammo in my Aegis? I picked up a couple boxes at the last gunshow by mistake.
    kerstingm, NRA Member, CCW Permit,CZ 75B, CZ 75PCR compact, Kimber Ultra Aegis II 9mm, Kimber Ultra Raptor 45, Beretta Px4 Storm 9mm S/C, Sig P229, Ruger Super Redhawk 44 Mag, Taurus PT1911, DPMS AR15, Mossberg 930 SPX 12 Gauge, Beretta AL 390 12 Gauge

I have a problem guys, my wife shot the Aegis II last night and fell in love with it like I did. She is the one that got it for me, I told her if she gets me the 45 Ultra Carry II with the Crimson Trace grips I would consider letting her use it every now and then.
    Not sure i would consider that a problem. Especially if she gets you the new piece.

Have the Kimber ultra carry and that was my carry gun for ten years. Very nice weapon. I haven't shot a Kimber yet that wasn.t worth every dime. I started Carrying XDM .40 compact last year and actually like that a little better, but I still love my Kimber. maybe 2000 rounds or more and only 1 failure to feed and I think that was in the first 200 rounds breakin it in.
    We ALL shall see the Lord one day .... please don't make me set up the meeting.

Congrats

Chap
    Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 ACP, 3" barrel 1911 with a Mitch Rosen holster
    XDm .45 ACP 02FEB11
    Ruger LCP .380 05FEB11

Thanks, I think I just saw my next one tonight. My gunshop just got a Ultra Raptor II
    and let me tell you all. THIS WAS ONE FRICKEN AWESOME loking pistol. (Honey my birthday is next month)
    Now I just need the wife to read this. Lol

Now my wife owns the Aegis, BUT I now own a Ultra Raptor. She is so AWESOME!!!!!

Bought my first Kimber 6 years ago. Tactical Pro II. After learning more about the 1911 platform I discoved that Kimber is simply crap with alot of cosmetics. MIM parts, plastic mainspring housings, terrible tolerances after 1,000 rounds, goofy safety in the grip safety (Swartz) aluminum frames. Nope, not for me.

Won't be spending any money on another one. Springfield, preferably their Custom Shop models (Professional) or Wilson Combat. Even then, if your a serious shooter you'll have to have them tuned once a year.

Yes, I"m a 1911 snob.

Forget Kimber.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast