M&P vs USP - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: M&P vs USP

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Glock G17.
    The man has stated he wants to shoot IDPA. A Glock 17 will not fit in the IDPA "BOX". If you wish to shoot a Glock in IDPA you have to go with a Glock 34, which was developed for this sport. This makes me wonder how many non IDPA shooters we have handing out advice to this man? Bill T.

CZ-75 P-01 is a better pistol than the two mentioned choices, and I have fired them all. Interesting that a Glock 17 will not fit into the IDPA box but a USP will! Not so. IDPA box L=8.75 in, H=6.0 in, W= 1.625 in. Glock 17 L=6.85, H=5.00, W=1.18 inches. BTW - I do shoot IDPA. For that matter, even the Glock 21 will fit the box, and I have shot with people that use both the 21 and the 20 (10mm). Glock 21 L=7.59 in, H=5.47 in, W=1.26 in. Tight fit, but still a fit. BTW, the HK USP sizes in as follows L=7.64 in, H=5.35 in, W=1.26 in. Considerably larger than the Glock 17.

Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    The man has stated he wants to shoot IDPA. A Glock 17 will not fit in the IDPA "BOX". If you wish to shoot a Glock in IDPA you have to go with a Glock 34, which was developed for this sport. This makes me wonder how many non IDPA shooters we have handing out advice to this man? Bill T.
    Big fail on that one billt. The G17 is smaller than the G34 and will fit into the box. The G34 was designed to have as long of a barrel as practical and still fit into the IDPA box. And yes, I do shoot IDPA with my G22 in the Stock Service Pistol division. The only Glocks that will not fit into the IDPA box, are the G17L and the G24, IIRC.

5. No contest HK is far above any other polymer made. The HK P30 in 9mm has great ergos. You get what you pay for especially HK's. Glock gen3 are very reliable but you have to own a HK to know just what a quality gun they are.
    2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Quote Originally Posted by deeHKman View Post
    Glock gen3 are very reliable but you have to own a HK to know just what a quality gun they are.
    And you have to own a Lorcon to know just what a kwality gun they are as well.

7. Our agency went from the USP 9 to the M&P9. I prefer the M&P a lot better.

Game over. Got the m&p, but in 357 SIG. They gave me a decent deal on it because that chambering is the least popular of the four. New pistol, night sights, three mags, and 100 rounds of Federal HST for 525 bucks. I dont think Federal makes HST for the 357 SIG anymore. I guess if I burn them up I will run Gold Dots. Will order an Alessi CQC-S for it on Monday. Turns out Brownells stocks that holster (along with Mitch Rosen and Milt Sparks, for a few guns), so no long wait.
    Say when.

9. Bought a P30s V3 9mm today to keep all my HK's company. You have to own a HK to really understand it, there is no compromise. Congrats on the M&P plus the sig is a great round....
    2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Get the Apex hard sear for the trigger, you can feel the difference. Lowers your pull to about 5 lbs. You can buy the .40 barrel for about 125.

Probably have to hold off on a 40 barrel. I have a SIG 229 E2 that is currently a 40. I thought about getting another barrel for it in 357 SIG, but now I don't need to. While I like the idea of multiple chamberings in a gun, I like the idea of more guns better.
    Say when.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast