AD/ND No hands on - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AD/ND No hands on

Quote Originally Posted by bob16066 View Post
    The only hard data I've ever seen was that the NYC Police had 6,000 Accidental discharges the 1st year they switched to the Glock vice 0 the previous year with .38 revolvers. But the data wasn't broken down as to hands off/on. .

They "solved" the problem by going to a
    10.5 pound trigger pull which doesn't make it clear whether it was a hands on or off problem.
    Some of the oficers that were accustomed to revolvers opted to change to the "NY Trigger." I believe it is 12 pounds, same as a DA revolver. It takes five minutes to change the trigger pull.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    Thanks for the replies....I am glad that I have a resource like this site available to me, so I can talk to people who don't have preconceived notions on the subject.
    I am about to make another purchase, maybe a 1911 of some sort, just for the reason disneyr stated, I still don't know. I really like the unholster and shoot concept of my glock, and I can't open carry here in communist NY.
    That being said, is there much difference in stopping power between a .40 and a .45. Sorry to go off on a tangent
    One Shot Stop Ratios (OSSR) are 78%-85% with a .40, depending on the load. OSSR on a .45 is roughly 87%-95%. This all assumes the average size of the goblin is 170 pounds and the shot is a hollowpoint fired through a single cotton garment within 15 feet at COM. Bigger goblins have a lower OSSR, smaller goblins have a higher OSSR. Rounds differ in muzzle velocity, bullet weight (grams) and expansion in ballistic testing so there are variances and an OSSR should not be used as a guide as to how effective a shot may or may not be. But it provides a rough idea.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

In just a few minutes, a Glock fanboy will come by and post a link to a test where a Glock was put in a blender filled with Drano, sulfuric acid, Coca-Cola, piranha, and 2 pounds of industrial diamonds. A CAT D8 bulldozer was then dropped on it from 1000 feet. The owner picked up the Glock, chambered a 155mm HE round, hit a post-it note at 917 miles, and then proceeded to run 726,761 rounds of Wolf ammo coated with Gorilla Glue with no failures. "
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    In just a few minutes, a Glock fanboy will come by and post a link to a test where a Glock was put in a blender filled with Drano, sulfuric acid, Coca-Cola, piranha, and 2 pounds of industrial diamonds. A CAT D8 bulldozer was then dropped on it from 1000 feet. The owner picked up the Glock, chambered a 155mm HE round, hit a post-it note at 917 miles, and then proceeded to run 726,761 rounds of Wolf ammo coated with Gorilla Glue with no failures. "
    lmao i wont post the link then

Well I guess i'll buy another GLOCK if it will withstand all that! Thanks TREO :)

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    Well I guess i'll buy another GLOCK if it will withstand all that! Thanks TREO :)
    4th generation GLOCKS shoot RAP rounds
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    You forgot about it was also submerged 9,000' in the ocean in one of the sulfuric acid spewing vents for 9 days between the blender and Cat 8 dropping.

9. Glocks simply don't go off on their own without some sort of parts modification, extreme wear, or user input. I've yet to see any stats on the matter and it would be important to note that it's a mechanical device which can and eventually will fail as will ANY firearm at some point.

One of the things that most people take for granted is chambering the same round over and over. I've had personal experience with this and a couple of problems it can create. A constant scratching of the primer surface occurs, what that causes is unknown. The bullet can actually be forced deeper into the casing, by lessening the "combustion chamber" size in that casing you're essentially making a +P round. And I've also noted certain ammunition brands can have soft enough casings that constant chambering can result in pieces of brass being scraped off the casing.

Something important to note is for the folks who like to hand-load into the chamber. This isn't a smart idea at all folks. Your extractor is meant to have a round slide up the bolt face into position, not to have it slammed onto the casing and forced around the lip. It also presents the potential for a true slam-fire if the firing pin isn't retracted into the bolt face or if it doesn't have a spring-return firing pin (known as a free floating pin like in the M16).

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    The solution is not to pull the trigger. For some that seems to be a problem.
    Ding, Ding, Ding!!! We have a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by bob16066 View Post
    The only hard data I've ever seen was that the NYC Police had 6,000 Accidental discharges the 1st year they switched to the Glock vice 0 the previous year with .38 revolvers. But the data wasn't broken down as to hands off/on. .

They "solved" the problem by going to a
    10.5 pound trigger pull which doesn't make it clear whether it was a hands on or off problem.
    My understanding of that was that these officers had gotten into the habit of pulling the trigger as they drew their revolvers. With the shorter/lighter trigger of the Glock, this didn't end well.

By design a Glock cannot fire if the trigger is not pulled to the rear by something. It is closer to a DAO system than a single action actually. The Kahr and the Ruger LCP are the same way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast