FN Five-Seven - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FN Five-Seven

1. Cheaper Than Dirt and Sportsman's Guide have the ammo available in their catalogs. The reason why it's scare is because FN outsources the manufacturing to another company.

3. I would buy one if it wasn't so expensive.

Any info on the self defense stopping power of this particular round?
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

I'd like to see a Glock Five seveN.

I've ben eye'n a PS90 at the local shop for about 3 months now, my wife spotted it the last time I went to get a new Mag. She pulled me aside and pointed it out and told me if I buy it , she doesn't care it will be hers! Wives hold all the power<hanging head> If you didn't know it is chambered in 5.7mm also.
    Last edited by Psyk00diver; 05-10-2011 at 07:19 PM. Reason: additional info

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Any info on the self defense stopping power of this particular round?
    Well, numerous police forces around the country have called for its ban, if that means anything.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

At last, someone who is honest about his wife dictating to him. Hope y'all (or she) likes the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Well, numerous police forces around the country have called for its ban, if that means anything.
    Thanks B2, but I think there is one round that can only be had by military/police and another less powerful round available to general public. I'll have to do some research if noone else here knows.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Thanks B2, but I think there is one round that can only be had by military/police and another less powerful round available to general public. I'll have to do some research if noone else here knows.
    The SS190 round is for military/LE only. Same with the SS198 round, but most people think of the SS190 round. The general public can buy SS195LF (lead free hollow point I believe), and SS197SR (blue tipped sporting round). There is a 3rd party corp that makes ammunition that is even better than the FNH rounds (Elite Ammunition). I don't know how their rounds compare to the SS190, but their rounds are much better than the SS195LF and SS197SR.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    At last, someone who is honest about his wife dictating to him. Hope y'all (or she) likes the gun.
    Hey Oldgrunt, she talked to a lady thats EDC is a FiveSeven, so i had to take her to see how one fits in her hand. and out of all the ones we looked at today, she told me she wants the OD green one.<Hangs Head> theirs another $1150! But on the upside i can play with 3 things!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast