Taurus 24/7

Thread: Taurus 24/7

1. Taurus 24/7

I want some opinions on the Taurus 24/7 OSS. I have not shot one yet but a friend has one and he talks about how well built they're. Need some input pls. Oh yea I'm a southpaw, does it come with an ambidextrous mag release?

What do you find appealing about the Taurus 24/7 OSS? The take down power of a .45 caliber ACP round or the fact it's a Taurus? I admit that Taurus U.S.A. has come a long way as a reputable firearms manufacturer in the last several years but I remain skeptical of them. If there are any law enforcement agencies that issue Taurus's to their officers or allow them to carry them on duty they are few and far between. Nor am I aware of Taurus's being issued to anyone in the U.S. military. This doesn't make the Taurus a poorly made or undependable weapon but I prefer tried and true manufacturers like Colt, Smith and Wesson, Sig Sauer, H&K, Glock, Springfield Armory, etc. There is a reason that law enforcement and the military issues the best available firearms to it's personnel. No doubt the Taurus is priced right but for a few hundred dollars more you can purchase a
    .45 like a Glock 21, Sig Sauer P245 or anyone of a number of 1911's if you want to go "old school" and own a piece of history. I recommend that you visit a couple good gun stores and talk to knowledgable sales people and have them show you a few semi's and see how they feel in your hands. The ultimate test will be too go to the range and shoot the weapons that you are interested in and see what works best for you. Many firearms ranges have semi's and revolvers that you can rent to get a feel of what is right for you. I hope this helps! Good luck and be safe!

Irish

4. thanks

I have always heard in the past that Taurus was pretty crappy pistol. A friend had bought one used and he let me shoot it at the range the other day it shot pretty well n felt good in my hand. Truthfully any pistols I ever purchased were Ruger I have .44 mag Redhawk w/a 7 1/2" barrel and a P95 9mm. Was kinda wanting to branch out to a different name brand and have been looking at the SA XD(M) and S&W M&P's and also at the Barreta PX4 Storm. I agree there is a reason that police and military agencies give their people the best in the biz. Thanks for the feedback.