.357 advice/ideas wanted - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: .357 advice/ideas wanted

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    It's located between your ears, please let us know when you find it.
    Now that was just funny right there...LMAO. Ruger SP 101 is a great choice. i haven't heard anything negative and highly recommend it.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

My Smith Model 60 had enough grip for me to get 3 fingers on (though you might consider it a 2-1/2 finger grip). Check with Hogue, Pachmayer, and (if you go Smith) the S&W website for different grip options.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    Ruger SP 101 is a great choice. i haven't heard anything negative and highly recommend it.
    X2, I like mine, but it may push your definition of light weight when comparing to the non-steel snubbies.
    George Washington: “They may pass a law to issue paper money, but 20 laws will not make the people receive it. Paper money is founded upon fraud and knavery.”

At least check out the Ruger LCR 357. I just picked up one for summer carry. Comes with stock Hogue grips which are quite awesome,a smooth trigger,and only 17oz.

Quote Originally Posted by glock 27 View Post
    At least check out the Ruger LCR 357. I just picked up one for summer carry. Comes with stock Hogue grips which are quite awesome,a smooth trigger,and only 17oz.
    How well does that short grip handle with .357 rounds going through it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomhusker View Post
    Quite nicely.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

8. +1 on the LCR .357. The Hogue Tamer grip is very comfortable. 158g non +p .38s are very light, the 125g +p snap pretty good and with the .357 loads (only shot a few) you won't shoot a whole box at the range, that's for sure. We have 2 LCR .357's......one for the wife, one for me. She's 5'1", 105 and shoots the .38s thru hers very well. I thoroughly enjoy shooting mine with the non +p loads. The trigger stages easily, increasing accuracy beyond what I thought possible with a snubbie. By the way, MY LCR (no .357's thru it yet) is for sale/trade......I'm looking to fund a Glock 30. PM me if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomhusker View Post
    Pretty well I must say.Of course its a lot more snappy than the .38"s, but with .357"s it performed alot better than I expected. The Hogue grips help alot and the trigger is about the best I have experienced in a double action only revolver.Helps alot with accuracy.

10. Quote Originally Posted by disneyr View Post
    Because its lighter, not prone to rust and fires when and only when the trigger is pulled. Not as much of a Glock "love fest" as much as a Glock "hate fest".
    The advancement of plastic polymers has come a long way. However, plastic is CHEEP. You can’t beat good old machined steel. Steel melts around 2300 F and plastic about 300F.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

11. Quote Originally Posted by Tomhusker View Post
    I am looking for a light(er) weight .357 for a carry weapon. All of the guns I have seen have the shorter 2-2 1/2 finger grip. Is there a full grip revolver with the shorter barrel and lighter weight?

I am on a budget, but am willing to "budge it" a little if I find the right one. (And can get away with it..... wife-wise.)
    IMHO look at an LCR. Not a full grip, but try it. For the wife, have her try an LCR in .38. When wife wanted a new weapon we went to a store that has a range and rents guns. Wife picked out Glock she was interested in, tried it, tried a different Glock, still not a happy person. I handed her my LCR to try and she forgot the Glocks. Tried a few pistols and revolvers, but left with a new LCR.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast