.357 advice/ideas wanted
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .357 advice/ideas wanted

Talking .357 advice/ideas wanted

I am looking for a light(er) weight .357 for a carry weapon. All of the guns I have seen have the shorter 2-2 1/2 finger grip. Is there a full grip revolver with the shorter barrel and lighter weight?

I am on a budget, but am willing to "budge it" a little if I find the right one. (And can get away with it..... wife-wise.)

You can get a normal snub nose and change the grip for a standard one. I have a taurus 605 that cost $410. Reliable gun

My wife has a Rossi 38 special that has a full size grip, and I have a Rossi 357 Magnum with a compensator on 1 3 inch barrel that also has a full size grip. Both are fairly light weight and easy to carry concealed. The 357 is also a 6 shot instead of 5

I have a Ruger GP100 with a 3" barrel and it has a full size grip. When I carry it I use a high ride holster and with a loose over garment it conceals well.
    NRA Life Member, NH CC, Gun Owners of America, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Second Amendment Foundation
    "Remember, incoming fire has the Right of Way"

I recently got my wife a Ruger LCR .357 with a Fobus paddle holster. She loves it. Heck I love it!
    Super light weight, easily concealable and it came with a nice Hogue grip. Prices online are around $450 after transfer fees/shipping, retail around $500.
    Taurus 24/7 OSS DS .45
    Ruger LCR .357
    Remington 870 Tactical 12 ga

Thanks guys, I'll call around and see if anyone has these in stock so I can check them out this weekend.

I know most manufacturers offer a longer grip as an accessory product. I replaced the boot grips on my Taurus with the longer version to get more control and went with federal's reduced recoil .357s. When I put Crimson laser grips on it, I also opted for the longer grip style.

It's not a budget handgun by any stretch, but the SIG P238 is AWESOME. It's a legitimate 3-finger grip very concealable option.

Glock 33 .357 pistol. Light and dependable.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by disneyr View Post
    Glock 33 .357 pistol. Light and dependable.
    Can't go wrong with a Glock.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast