m&p or 1911 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: m&p or 1911

1. I think you'd be better off with the Kimber. The 1911 frame has a tremendous history of reliability, durability, and now accuracy. 9mm are great for competition and practice. When it comes down to the moment of truth. The 9mm was designed to wound. Still needing more than one shot to stop. The .45 was made to kill(or atleast knock them down). Plain and simple. I carry Spr.Armory .45's. I also took the time and money to learn to thread needles with them. So in my case. It's going to be one .45 right in their treachea when the feces hits the ventilation system. I want to live, not just survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Or you could pick up an M&P and a RIA 1911 for the price of a Kimber.

I own an RIA because I think there should be at least one 1911 in every gun owner's inventory and I do like it. It's just not something I'll ever carry because I'm used to DA/SA.
    True that! I sold my M&P for reasons of my own(money for another project), now I carry(as soon as my holster gets here that is) the Armscor 1911(marketed under the High Stranded name).

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

I've owned both,,,,love my M&P40,

Quote Originally Posted by dreallsach View Post
    I . When it comes down to the moment of truth. The 9mm was designed to wound. Still needing more than one shot to stop. The .45 was made to kill(or atleast knock them down).
    Feel free to cite this, we'll wait
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

6. I've been saying that for years Treo

I've been saying that for years Treo
    OK but what do you base it on?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I like and own both, I carry a Springfield Professional by choice but feel completely comfortable with carrying a M&P as well.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

I have carried a 1911 for years and love to shoot it.

Telling someone what gun to buy is like telling him what woman to marry. All guns and women have their good points and not so good points. Different people prefer different aspects of each, so I won't tell you what I think you should do.

Just like beauty, good guns are in the eye of the beholder.

The 9mm was designed to wound. Still needing more than one shot to stop. The .45 was made to kill(or atleast knock them down).
    This might true when FMJ is used however there are many quality SD round available today that improve the 9MM. No handgun round should be depended on to produce one shot stops IMO. Most if not all training schools today teach to shoot until the threat stops. Even the schools that advocate the 45 above all others teach this. BTW I am in no way downing the 45 since this is what I carry most often.
    NRA Life Member, NH CC, Gun Owners of America, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Second Amendment Foundation
    "Remember, incoming fire has the Right of Way"

11. Real world application. They can point at gel and all sorts of information. I've seen first hand what a 9mm does with an angry adreneline pumped adult male, and what a .45 does to them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast