M&P with a safety, why not - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M&P with a safety, why not

OK here goes my take on this>>>I never owned a pistol before 2009. When I went to purchase my thought was, It was easier to learn to draw my weapon if I only had a minimum of steps to learn. So that being said I felt that it was easier to draw and keep my finger out of the trigger guard as the only step I needed to perform. It is now second nature, trigger finger outside holster, grab weapon with remaining three fingers...DRAW and present weapon finger along slide. this also allows me to check my loaded chamber indicator, just to be sure! No safety, No bang, nothing else to know! It has been about 2 years, I have never even been close to an accident. GLOCK was my choice for that reason.
    Last edited by titaniumman; 05-28-2011 at 03:25 PM. Reason: spelling

This ^^^
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Just one more thought and I will shut up about this...Those who say they will use the safety until they are more skilled and comfortable with the weapon, what if you become comfy carrying with no safety when the weapon has one and you encounter a BG, draw your weapon and hook the safety on the way out of the holster, then you squeeze the trigger and nothing happens. then not knowing what happend you try to rack the slide like the store owner did and STILL nothing happens. By the time you realize the safety is on you are taking a dirt nap...remember this is just a what if! Anything can happen during a life or death encounter...I say if the gun has a safety USE IT. If you don't want one buy a revolver or a GLOCK

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    buy a revolver or a GLOCK
    Well said!

As stated above they've already got multiple passive safeties plus they come with a 6.5lb trigger, theres just no need.

I have a full size m&p best gun I have ever owned. Perfect in just about every way. Take down is a bit odd, but who cares.
    The safety isnt an issue with me, all my holsters remove the safety for me, I CC with a TR472 and use a level 3 BlackHawk holster on duty with my weapon. If you need it, its there to flick on with the thumb, if you dont need it, its just as easy to flick down.
    I agree with "UpNorth" dont remove it may void the warranty, and it DOES leave an ugly little whole, and shoot, who knows if you will actually need the safety sometime in the future. Get use to drawing and removing the safety in the same motion. Nothing wrong with a safety anyways, right? Mistakes happen, with a little switch, it makes sure [for the most part] a mistake doesnt happen.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    I have a full size m&p best gun I have ever owned. Perfect in just about every way. Take down is a bit odd, but who cares.
    I take it you avoid the dry fire during take down? Way to much work for me.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Take down is a bit odd, but who cares.
    A bit odd doesn't even begin to cover it. Out of the 4 guns we have, that's the ONLY one that I have to get the manual out (every time) in order to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Take down is a bit odd, but who cares.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMR2 View Post
    A bit odd doesn't even begin to cover it. Out of the 4 guns we have, that's the ONLY one that I have to get the manual out (every time) in order to figure it out.

You guys are aware that the disconnect although nice, IS optional, you can just pull down the level, dry fire and remove the slide like any other gun.

11. Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    You guys are aware that the disconnect although nice, IS optional, you can just pull down the level, dry fire and remove the slide like any other gun.
    I wasn't until very recently. Haven't had the gun out since finding that out. Not terribly comfortable with the concept though. I like to reserve pulling the trigger for when I actually want the gun to go bang. I don't want the concept of pulling the trigger to also be associated with cleaning. I don't handle guns everyday, so I prefer to keep ALL my layers of stupidity prevention in place. :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123