New to here. .45 opinions - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New to here. .45 opinions

To each his own, You know the quote about opinions. Your rite-the thread should be about the caliber and I appologize to all for getting off topic. I no longer collect weapons and have only shot to maintain my carry ability, the primary concern being protection. The 45ACP in 230gr SJHP will stop a rhino. The NRA instructer told the class " hold the pistol against your stomache and keep pulling the trigger" works for me!

Quote Originally Posted by kingbooker:217882
    Hey brother go try out a Ruger P345. Its 45cal, slinder like 1911, light weight, 8+1 capacity and a picatany rail.
    I will second this nomination! Rugers p345 is a great firearm ccw with it for my first five years of carry! Never had an issue and excellent at the range!

4. It really boils down to just what size and weight are you willing to haul around all day and night, day and night after day and night.
    I have both .45&.40s and I mostly carry my .40 Glock23 lots of power and a high Cap. Mag.

Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
    It really boils down to just what size and weight are you willing to haul around all day and night, day and night after day and night.
    I have both .45&.40s and I mostly carry my .40 Glock23 lots of power and a high Cap. Mag.
    Absolutely! Personal protection is just that' personal' If it works for you- carry it. You like this?, you like that? If your close enough a brick will work also- but my purpose is to stop the felon-1) at a distance and 2) with one round- preferably so they cant testify later( my lawyer told me thats VERY important!)

6. Quote Originally Posted by boston101 View Post
    Absolutely! Personal protection is just that' personal' If it works for you- carry it. You like this?, you like that? If your close enough a brick will work also- but my purpose is to stop the felon-1) at a distance and 2) with one round- preferably so they cant testify later( my lawyer told me thats VERY important!)
    I agree after just finishing 11 Months moving slowly through our court system being wrongly accused of pointing a firearm at a person, and a jury trial it would have been better if I had just really shot this jerk.

I agree after just finishing 11 Months moving slowly through our court system being wrongly accused of pointing a firearm at a person, and a jury trial it would have been better if I had just really shot this jerk.
    Sorry to hear that! The citizen is caught between the bad guy and the courts, neither are your friend. I hope this does not follow you down the road

8. Quote Originally Posted by boston101 View Post
    Sorry to hear that! The citizen is caught between the bad guy and the courts, neither are your friend. I hope this does not follow you down the road
    Well I have now filed a law suit for the sum of over $10,000 against Mr. Steven Jay Sockey, so he now must defend himself against a malicious prosecution. I won my trial lets see how it works for him. ;-)

Well I have now filed a law suit for the sum of over $10,000 against Mr. Steven Jay Sockey, so he now must defend himself against a malicious prosecution. I won my trial lets see how it works for him. ;-)
    Excellent! State, Federal and Local LEO are paid by you in the end, they are not Gods. ANYONE who abuses the citizen under cover of Power should be punished- Dont invest your proceeds in the market!

Don't see how you can go wrong with the Ruger I own two a 9mm and .45 in the p345 model. I love my Ruger p345 it's the most comfortable pistol I have ever shot. Went out yesterday and put 50 rounds thru it shooting from every position I could think of and it performed great, it's not finicky about what you shoot through it it seems to handle everything easily. Hope their new 1911 is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbooker View Post
    Hey brother go try out a Ruger P345. Its 45cal, slinder like 1911, light weight, 8+1 capacity and a picatany rail.
    I've owned my p345 for about 4 yrs now and I carry it IWB in my own holster design I've carried it in just about every position you can think of and it's always comfortable. The only draw back to it is the long trigger pull in DA mode so I just pull the hammer back rather than mess with it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast