New to here. .45 opinions
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New to here. .45 opinions

1. Talking New to here. .45 opinions

Hi, new the group but follow on Twitter.
    Ruger sr1911 or Remington 1911 r1. Thoughts and opinions?
    Also the hogue PowerSpeed™ Universal Speed Holster.
    Can't decide. looking for advice.
    Thanx.

Ruger's New SR1911 is an great, Affordable Sidearm. I purchased one last week. As far as holsters I never used that one sorry. Good Luck

Though I haven't shot either my vote goes to the ruger. I read that the remington is suggested by the manufacturer not to have +p loads run through it. Or atleast run through it often. It may seem a minor issue considering the pedigree but i see it as an unnecessary limitation the Ruger does not have. Plus i dont like the remingtons thumb safety. My only gripe about the ruger is the the frame and slide are cast not forged. Just my 2 cents....

5. The RIA Tactical seems to have good reviews from what I have seen around the forums, and is very reasonably priced. I personally prefer the basic GI models, I opted for the Auto Ordnance 1911 and love it.

Get your self a Glock21.

My Ruger SR1911 is on order, and although I own several 1911s, the wait is getting a bit painful. Everything I have read about this new offering from Ruger says it will be a winner. From gunwriter reviews to actual owner postings, nothing negative to be found. And, once the clammor has died down a bit, you will not find a comparable 1911 at a better price.

Holster? If you are planning on CCW with this 1911, well, here I go again, ...Crossbreed Supertuck, combat cut. Great choice from a great bunch of people. You can comfortably wear a full-size 1911 all day with this holster. Stay safe.
    Life Member NRA
    CCW / Firearms Instructor
    Happily annoying Liberals since 1976.

I'd have to lean towards the SR1911

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

Para GI Expert?

What about Para? They just came out with a new commander size GI Expert. Anybody got any word on these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Get your self a Glock21.
    G, do you own stock in Glock? I personally know a Glock dealer and even he doesn't push them as hard as you do!
    NRA Life Member, NH CC, Gun Owners of America, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Second Amendment Foundation
    "Remember, incoming fire has the Right of Way"

Quote Originally Posted by Horkos View Post
    What about Para? They just came out with a new commander size GI Expert. Anybody got any word on these guys?
    The only Paras I have experience shooting are the tactical models with light rails. All were accurate enough and well made. I never had the chance to actually add one to the family but wouldn't be adverse to it if/when the chance comes along.
    NRA Life Member, NH CC, Gun Owners of America, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Second Amendment Foundation
    "Remember, incoming fire has the Right of Way"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast