S&W Bodyguard 380 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: S&W Bodyguard 380

I just picked up my BG a couple nights ago, still haven't shot it....looking forward to it though. Picked up a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster for it until my Crossbreed gets here.

Now if I can just find a spare mag.

Got mine at gun show. You could also look on S&W web site. Hope you like the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by AirMech74 View Post
    I just picked up my BG a couple nights ago, still haven't shot it....looking forward to it though. Picked up a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster for it until my Crossbreed gets here.

Now if I can just find a spare mag.
    How well does that holster work? I have seen it advertized a lot and read a few reviews on it.

Gander Mountain carries spare mags for the bg380

6. I preferred the BodyGuard because its slide remains open after the last round is fired unlike the LCP. At least that one similarity to the Glock 36 that I carry also.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    How well does that holster work? I have seen it advertized a lot and read a few reviews on it.
    I like the Nemesis, I carried one with a J-Frame for a while, it works well with any small pistol. Fits great in my front pocket, gun pulls out easily without pulling the holster out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    A 380 isn't exactly a range gun though so you may be able to shoot tighter groups with the sig, but the whole point of a mouse gun is to be able to fully conceal a pistol, mainly in the summer and its only duty is to go POW at 3 to 7 feet. Like I said the Sig is a beautiful gun, but its meant for the 100k class. If that's you fantastic but if your down in the middle with the rest of us the bodyguard or the lcp is a great choice
    I shot the Ruger and Bodyguard. I have a Colt Mustang. similar to the Sig. For the $$ and the limits to these mouse guns the Ruger or Bodyguard would be fine. 7 shots at 5-6yrd not much sight action imo.
    The Colt is better built imo. But I really don't like the cock and lock without a grip safety. I believe the trigger and safety on the Colt is reliable. And I know the Ruger and Bodyguard are cocked when one in the pipe. Just a mental thing. But really all .380 after a box or 2 aren't fun to shoot. Just easy to hide. JMO

I have a blast shooting my .380 , low recoil and accurate: why would you say they are uncomfortable?

10. Yeah the Sig has a lot less recoil, it goes hand in hand with being a better built, more expensive gun. However, the general consensus is the .380 isn't a very formidable round so it becomes less of a viable purchase option when paying that much money. So, to answer again, I'd love a 238 for my pocket and as a little plinker gun, however for its use most people prefer to stay in that 300-350 range for a simple pocket gun. Imo

When saying formidable round just remember to ask a LEO how many fatal shots has he seen from a .380 and tell us what the results were / I guarantee this is no plinking round take my word for it. Leave the plinking for a 22lr. It's really funny how people say "I wouldn't use a .380 for SD the lowest I will do is 9mm when the 2 rounds are neck to neck in reality 9x17/9x19 I mean for god sake look at ballistic test and you will realize what your saying:::: .380 +P loads have the same ballistic power than a 9mm if that means anything but of course everyone is entitled to their opinion which is why I refuse to believe a .45 acp is more effective than a .380

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast