Purchase decision

Thread: Purchase decision

Purchase decision

I am considering a Bersa Pro UC or an XD ultra compact. Are these two comparable?

They both make a good pistol, it is more of a personal preference however. The XD has a polymer frame, if thats what you are interested in, take a look at the Glocks! The difference is night and day in quality. Again, personal preference.

I actually liked the Bersa because I can get it in Stainless cheaper than the XD.
    Thanks for the feedback.

What's your budget? Will it by a pinch to get the XD? If so, get the Bersa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I am considering a Bersa Pro UC or an XD ultra compact. Are these two comparable?
    Compared to the vastly superior line of pistols from Glock, these two both fall short.

There are plenty of people out there that like the Bersa and the XD both and with good reason; both are fine weapons. As with any, you want to make sure they're well broken in and well maintained for proper reliability. You can go Glock as suggested, or S&W, or Sig, or Kimber; but since that's not what you asked I'll not go there. A well broken in, well maintained, and frequently verified Bersa or XD will be as effective of a tool as any of the others mentioned that have been provided equal care.

I have a XD9SC and can vouch for it's reliability. I looked at the Bersa at a gun store and if you actually hold one in your hand you can see that he quality is actually pretty impressive. They are smaller than the XD.