.380 as a Primary Weapon - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: .380 as a Primary Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by MYGLOCK View Post
    I carry my Smith & Wesson .380 Bodyguard in a DeSantis Nemesis holster. Don't even notice that it is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    The Nemesis is a nice holster. I have a couple of these for various small handguns. It fits nicely in the left inside pocket of a 9.11 vest.
    If you like the Nemesis, try the Superfly also by Desantis. It is nearly like the Nemesis but has a removable and reversable anti-print panel to use it as a wallet holster to prevent printing in a rear or cargo type pocket. I have one that my Sig P238 resides in when I'm asleep or it's locked in the car.

always there

I carry a Taurus TCP as my backup in a Stoner wallet holster in my rear pocket stoked with Gold Sabres and two extra magazines in the front pocket. However, I notice that when the hot months roll around and I go to shorts, this is the only thing I carry because it's light and very easily concealed. No one has ever spotted it in that Stoner holster and it's ready to go in less than a second! Also remember, it's better to have a .380 you actually carry than a .45 that gets left at home even once. That once might be the time you need it.

I will say this about a .380, with the new ammo, it has improved over the years. I would not carry as my primary,but under certain situations it can be useful. I wouldn't want to look down the barrel on any gun..so if you feel confident, carry it. That's what counts...

Thanks! I will look for one to try out this weekend.

6. When the situation dictates caring very deep I take along my Kahr P380. Otherwise my daily carries are Kahr PM 9. IWB Or Glock 27 on my ankle

Quote Originally Posted by bowhuntr69 View Post
    i like my sig 238 it is very nice to carry in front pocket of my cargo shorts ,,tryed the bersa but had problem with spring
    Sig P 238 is same as Colt Gov't. .380 & varaints
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

The small 380s are certainly lethal enough, especialy as close range, and lets say you have a good one that goes bang each and every time, but as has been said many times, shot placement is critical, and even the people that practice a lot with there 380 are very good at the range, they may not be if a situation ever comes up and you really need to use your weapon, the small light 380s are some of the most difficult to shoot strait, especialy in a highly stressed situation, personaly I chose not to carry normaly nothing smaller than a 40, but along with it, the 380 is ALWAYS in a ankle holster

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Glock in .40, but will carry .380 when concealment means staying out of jail (i.e. while traveling in NY, NJ, IL...)

People have saved thier skins by using a .22 pistol. Sure, it's not a caliber of choice but a .380 may well save your life and stop an attack better than throwing a cell phone at the aggressor.

OK, I promised myself not to get involved in these ever present, each and every forum and eventually nearly every thread in every forum caliber vs. threat discussions. Darn it, here I am posting in one anyway!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by shooter:212213
    Here is a question I ask of all my CCW students; "How many cops are out there carrying a .380 as a primary self defense weapon?"

Answer: None

And, there is a reason for that. Generally, the .380 cannot stop the actions of a determined BG - not enough "oomph." And, if you try it against a drunk or high attacker, it's just gonna piss 'em off.

Take a hint from the cops - minimum caliber for a revolver - .38 special; minimum caliber for a semi-auto - 9mm.
    Cops carry large calibers because they are open carrying not because a 9mm or bigger is better. Caliber is only a part of the equation how much powder behind it is also a factor a .380 IMO is fine. I read about a lady on a thread that took out a burglar with a .22? Sometimes I carry my S&W bodyguard .380 when I want something light and then I carry my XD subcompact .40 when I can carry something bigger. Personal preference 6 rounds or more or anything .22 caliber or bigger gonna FSU!

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    Glock in .40, but will carry .380 when concealment means staying out of jail (i.e. while traveling in NY, NJ, IL...)

People have saved thier skins by using a .22 pistol. Sure, it's not a caliber of choice but a .380 may well save your life and stop an attack better than throwing a cell phone at the aggressor.

OK, I promised myself not to get involved in these ever present, each and every forum and eventually nearly every thread in every forum caliber vs. threat discussions. Darn it, here I am posting in one anyway!
    You have a valid point but I do not go anywhere I cannot carry my weapon, including NY, NJ, or anywhere else, and as far as which caliber is best, a slingshot will kill, and who carrys what, is really up to whos doing the carrying

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast