Which Ruger 9mm?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Ruger 9mm?

1. Which Ruger 9mm?

I've already got a full-size 1911 and a Ruger GP100 (.357/4"). I've been thinking of helping Ruger reach its "1-million guns in a year" mark by getting a pocket pistol - LC9. Then I was thinking of getting the even smaller, more concealable LCP (.380). Now I'm thinking of getting the SR9C because, although it's not as small, it weighs a bit more and I hear that recoil on the LC9 and even on the .380 LCP can be a little rough as they are so light. Does anyone have experience with the recoil of these guns, especially as compared to a full-size 1911 or a GP100 in 357? On the one hand, I don't feel a need to punish my hand; on the other, I find it hard to believe that even a very light .380 or 9mm kicks more than my .357 Mag.

Love my SR9C. My friend has the LC9 and I love it too but it does snap compared to mine. Also like the higher capacity mags that come with the SR9C.

It would be best, if possable, to try the small Rugers before buying one of them both the LCP and LC9 have substantial recoil, depending on your tolerance, you may or may not like them

5. Sell the 1911 and buy 2 glocks

6. Hey guys, I'm still a newbe here so hope u dont mind my 2 cents. I have
    fired the LC9 and it has a good recoil as well as a snap in the trigger u
    can feel in u'r finger. I got used to it but the first couple shots was a
    bit unexpected. Personaly I carry the P95. With the right holster u dont
    even know its there.

I carry the SR9 & my next pistol will be the SR9c. This way I can use all my mags in the SR9c & save a few bucks.
    The SR9c will be easier to manage than the LC9 but harder to conceal. You can't get everything you want with one gun.
    Friends help you move. Real Friends help you move bodies!

I recommend the SR9C. Bought an LC9 for my wife, and had a lot of trouble with it -about a 50% misfire rate. took it back to the dealer 4 times before they agreed to exchange it for something else. replaced it with the SR9C. very nice gun; the small mag is easy to conceal, and the bigger mag is good for a spare or for range work. it also fires every time the trigger is pulled, which is the main advantage over the LC9!

Quote Originally Posted by zoltandaman View Post
    Sell the 1911 and buy 2 glocks
    Yeah and clean 'em with Kaboom.

I really like my SR9c and am thinking of getting a SR40c.

I'd go with the SR9C...based on my SR40's performance...it's been rock solid and bulletproof!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast