Anyone Carry a Springfield XD - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone Carry a Springfield XD

XD9 Service in DeSantis SOB holster (and , no, I haven't fallen, cracked my spine, and ended up paralyzed). Most of the time, the muzzle barely even comes close to my spine. No, it does not allow the fastest draw, neither does a shoulder holster. Neither does concealed versus open carry. SOB is still an option, though.

I have had two DeSantis Speed Scabbads for two different Berettas and they are excellent.

I am currently shopping for a paddle for the XD9, though. I did buy a cheap plastic paddle that may have been a fobus or something of that ilk but it does not conceal, sticks way out and now sits in the closet--better than the XD throw-away holster that came with the gun, however.

The only rule is by the highest quality holster one can afford. They conceal better and are more comfortable.

3. I carry my XD40SC in a Serpa mini paddle strong side. It is VERY comfortable, and keeps the weapon close to the body. The security feature IMHO is far better than retention straps, but I had to practice quick presentation to get completely confident.I reco the Serpa highly.

Springfield XD-40 service model, Blackhawk serpa holster

5. Pretty much any XD in a CrossBreed SuperTuck IWB holster is easily concealed. I'm not a big guy (5' 10", 175 lbs) and I've carried my XDm 4.5" in my CBST holster at about the 4:00 - 4:30 position, wearing cargo pants and a T-shirt, with no concealment problems.

There are guns that are more easily concealed, however - even guns that don't look like they belong in a gnat's garter (or whatever one of the previous posters said). The Glock 19 and the Kahr CW series are a couple examples that immediately come to mind.

My XDM-40 is easily concealed in my Supertuck Deluxe. Add a good gunbelt and you have unsurpasses "comfort" and "concealment".

My XDm in .45 acp carries perfectly in the holster that came with it.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123