what to upgrade too?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what to upgrade too?

1. Cool what to upgrade too?

i am currently carring a glock 17 as my daily carry but i want to upgrade to a .45 the three choices i am looking at are a HK usp compact,Glock 21,or a taurus pt1911. All are great firearms i just dont know which one to pick

Tough to say...have you touched and held all three? How it feels in your hand is awfully important.
    "La plus belles ruses du diable est de vous persuader qu'il n'existe pas."

4. i have held all 3 and they all feel good if i were to go with price i would go with the 1911 but i am also looking at how reliable each is

Have you considered the Glock 36?
    That's my CCW, it is .45 acp, and is the slimest .45 on the market. It is easily concealable, but only holds 6 in the mag. I am planning on getting an extended mag for my back up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

I like the Glock 21SF. The smaller frame makes it easy to conceal as well as operate.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I know you guy's like those glocks,

but if you want something more accurate and less recoil I would recommend the 1911. I Own the Taurus 1911 and it has become one of my favorite carry guns. I also shoot my best groups with it at 1.5" at 15yrds and I know it's more accurate than I can shoot. Mike,

I am not a Glock fan ,but apparently you are. So here is what I recommend. Get all three lined up, close your eyes and point. I am sure you result will please you. :D . Since you have handled all of them, see if you can find somewhere to shoot them. If you are like me any new gun will put a smile on your face.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Glock 21SF ..........
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

I can't speak to the 45 factor as everything I have in an auto is a 9mm. I will say however that I have both an HK and Glock and have never had any problems with either. I guess you would say I would stake my life on them as they are what I carry on a daily basis. Especially concerning the HK lets just say it is hard to beat any firearm made by the Germans. That is one thing they do very well.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I have shot all 3 guns. I carry a full size Kimber for my carry gun but sometimes carry my H&K USP compact I have never had a problem with it. I also allowed a friend to shoot and take it through the paces when he was looking for something new and he choose the USP. But find what you like and go with it.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good" (George Washington)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast