"hi-point" - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: "hi-point"

I've owned a Hi Point C9 for years. More accurate than a Glock 19 and never a single malfunction. I admit it's butt-ugly and heavy, but for the $109 I paid for it, it's also hard to beat.

Basing an opinion on price means everyone should carry a $3000 custom 1911 instead of a $400 Glock...I carry a Glock.

Timberlake, North Carolina, United States
    Good boat anchors

Quote Originally Posted by bojeffnc View Post
    Good boat anchors
    For very very tiny boats maybe.

My 14 year old son has a Hi-Point 9mm carbine, and we love it. HP's are not the sexist stuff on the market, but they go bang. Check out HP's on you tube. On another forum a guy said he contacted HP about how difficult it is to disassemble. The president said if the gun gets so dirty that it won't work, send it in and they will clean it for you. Sure, we all want the sexy $1200 1911. But the HP will work.

To add: Most people that talk bad about HP have never used one. I don't want a hand gun for lack of capacity, and limited holster selection. I will take their carbine any day. I also respect their customer support.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    On the other hand, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold did use the Hi-Point 9mm carbine durring the Columbine High School terrorist attack.
    Again with this? Really?
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

7. C-9

I have owned a C9 9mm for about 2 years now and have no issues with it whatsoever. I have worn it almost everyday all around the farm, woods, gravel, lakes, you name it, and living in a rural area I can and do shoot it occasionally just to make sure it works, and it always has. Clean or dirty. I love the way it fits my hand, I put a Hogue handall sleeve on it because my hands are sometimes sweaty from work. I mostly open carry but it conceals well at the waistband and in a shoulder holster, I have a little trouble on the ankle unless I wear cowboy boots. I am average build at 5' 10' and about 170. Just bought the target carbine in 9mm and can't wait to get to the range to shoot some bells and spinners. I don't think you can buy a better gun for the purpose than a Hi Point and ya, the price ain't bad either. I am only considering another gun because I want something to stick in my pocket for those summer days when you just don't have enough clothing on to cover a defensive weapon, looking at a KelTec PF9 or a Ruger LC9.

Quote Originally Posted by Deltone View Post
    The design was poor as when I opened them to clean ALL the springs & firing pin would fly out.
    Apparently you did not read the owner's manual that comes with the gun, that tells you not to open the gun the way you would a Baretta...if the internal mechanism gets so dirty it won't function, send it back to the factory, they will clean/fix/refurbish it for you FOR FREE. Hi-point is the only manufacturer I know with an absolutely unconditional 100% service guarantee.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free. - A.E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

9. Quote Originally Posted by Wirednun View Post
    Apparently you did not read the owner's manual that comes with the gun, that tells you not to open the gun the way you would a Baretta...if the internal mechanism gets so dirty it won't function, send it back to the factory, they will clean/fix/refurbish it for you FOR FREE. Hi-point is the only manufacturer I know with an absolutely unconditional 100% service guarantee.
    Ok,I have no experience with a HiPoint but this post seems to suggest you cant take this gun apart and clean it as you would any other auto?? Its doin me no good if I have to ship it off to be cleaned and not cleaning it is not an option when your life depends on it working everytime. Pulling the trigger and hearing "click" and thinking time to clean my gun is a very bad idea.

No, no, you don't have to send it in for cleaning. Takedown is a bit more elaborate than on most other guns, granted, but if you do it step by step and accept the fact that the recoil spring is the old fashioned non captured type (it will come jumping out) it really is not a problem. I have taken down my 2 carbines and my pistol many times and by now it's almost as fast as other guns.

Missing the point. No we're not saying it's impossible, just trying to stress how the company will go out of it's way to take care of its customers. They will take care of you're HP pretty much no matter what you do to it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast