Ruger LCP - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP

1. I wasn't sure it was polite to quote another forum in here, so I thought I gave enough info for him to find it :) but thanks for filling in the blanks :)

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    I think it might be spelled this way: Elsie Pea Forum - The #1 Ruger LCP Owner Forum and Information Source ...But then again, who's counting?

I'm turning 50, the sights were hard to see. I bought a white paint pen from a crafts store. I painted the front sight white and touched the rear grove with little white marks.

The white helps me line up the sights much better for target shooting. Great little pocket gun. Trigger is long but once you figure out you can pull the trigger 90 percent then get your sight picture before letting the trigger break. The long tigger pull is very manageable with practice.

Chap
    Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 ACP, 3" barrel 1911 with a Mitch Rosen holster
    XDm .45 ACP 02FEB11
    Ruger LCP .380 05FEB11

You have yourself a nice little gun. I use mine as a backup

5. I think the Taurus TCP is slightly better. The slide locks back, comes with an extra mag and a carrying case that clips on your belt, kinda like a cell phone case. It also has internal safety options and is 30-50 bucks cheaper. The gun itself is basically the same as far as recoil and trigger pull

You might want to fire quite a few rounds thru the LCP before trusting it, my new one lasted exactly 10 rounds before the take down pin broke causing the trigger to fail to reset.
    Lucky I wasn't in a critical situation. Ruger is sending me a new pin but after lots of reading on other forums I find I am not alone with this problem.
    I know lots of folks have zero trouble with their LCP, I was the unlucky one and it will have to prove it's self before I trust it 100 percent again.

I love my LCP. Just noticed I only have to pull the slide back 1/2" for the trigger to reset so a double strike is possible I think. I'll have to try it loaded.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

We went to the range on Sunday and my wife, her daughter and me all tried it out. I have to say the trigger pull is epically long! I kept pulling on the thing thinking "is it eventually gonna go off?" or "hopefully the BG will just casually shamble towards me and not run!".

I did get some fairly decent hits so I suspect there is a technique that works with this gun once you get the hang of it. Recoil was totally okay for such a small gun, that really surprised me.

Now how to carry it. I bought 2 different bulldog cases, one does not fit (too small) and the other one lets the gun poke out on the lower part. Not real convinced there.

What I am looking for is something that let's me carry it easily and is accessible when seated, any ideas?

10. Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    Now how to carry it. I bought 2 different bulldog cases, one does not fit (too small) and the other one lets the gun poke out on the lower part. Not real convinced there.

What I am looking for is something that let's me carry it easily and is accessible when seated, any ideas?
    Once you shoot this enough times the trigger pull does become part of your memory and doesn't bother you. I do hate the NOT locking back, however after having this gun this long and shooting over 2000 rounds through it, I can say I love it!!! I have a wallet holster. Has a removable snap piece that you can have on to use as a wallet in the back pocket, looks just like a wallet. If you remove that piece (unsnap) and put in front pocket, it looks like you are carrying a money clip. I wear dress slacks and dockers to work and you can not tell I have it in my front pocket. I also made an IWB that looks like the crossbreed microtucks. I really like that way as long as I have a decent shirt to tuck over. Thinner summer shirts don't work as well. I would highly recommend the crossbreed for any holster, but the microtuck for lcp is very nice (I just have the equipment to make, but I did buy one for my G26 and love it)

Which Bulldog case did you get? The one I have works well (the keen eye will realize it is a little big for a cell phone but the casual observer won't likely notice). The gun does go into it upside down though so keep that in mind.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast