Ruger LCP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP

Ruger LCP

I stopped at my local gun store today and picked up a Riger LCP. I had long been wanting a BUG and it seemed to fit the bill quite nicely. Originally I had intended to get a small Bera but they had sold it. I am not normally one for spontaneous purchases but I figured with this one I could not go too wrong.

Anything I should need to know?

Nope a great little firearm and just like all my Rugers it will eat any ammo without a glitch.

4. Great EDC gun. Check out Hays Holsters for a nice owb pancake. Go shoot it a lot to get use to the long trigger pull. Enjoy!
    Best regards,
    Steve

I love it for a 'Bug'. It shoots well, but as you will hear form others it it not a pistol that you will take to the range to plink around. I can hold a fist size grouping at five paces with no problem. This make mee confident enough to carry the LCP.

I wear an xl golf glove and I love to plink with my LCP. Hold tight with non-shooting hand, control the trigger, and enjoy.

7. I have had this gun for about 8 months. It is my EDC during summer and warmer months because of wearing dress clothes at work, I can pocket conceal this easily. Now as far as plinking. If you shoot it more, you will do much better with it. I often shot 200-250 rounds during my range trips when I first bought it. Also, with practice, you can hit a paper plate at 50 yards with this gun. I have shocked more than one friend by shooting consistently at 25 yards hitting in and around the 8 ring on targets. I'm not the best shot by any means but once you get a handle on elsie, I think you will feel very confident carrying. also check out elspeaforum for lots of info on this gun and accessories from fellow owners. :) good luck and happy and safe shooting.

You wont be disappointed if you by the gun. I've had mine for quite awhile and it's turned into my daily carry. Remarkably its very accurate for a small and short barreled gun, and as Doug said above...you can impress the hell out of people at the range with it!

Surprisingly accurate. Beautifully comfortable to carry. But I do have a few misgivings. Double action trigger pull every time is a big turnoff. Action does not lock open on empty mag, which slows the tactical reload. And due to my larger hands, I find the gun difficult to control (I'm adjusting frequently between shots), and a little on the punishing side to shoot more than a box or two at a time with. Again, probably due to the size. Good luck!

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Mine is cute, and shoots quite nicely thank you.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Rowan View Post
    I have had this gun for about 8 months. It is my EDC during summer and warmer months because of wearing dress clothes at work, I can pocket conceal this easily. Now as far as plinking. If you shoot it more, you will do much better with it. I often shot 200-250 rounds during my range trips when I first bought it. Also, with practice, you can hit a paper plate at 50 yards with this gun. I have shocked more than one friend by shooting consistently at 25 yards hitting in and around the 8 ring on targets. I'm not the best shot by any means but once you get a handle on elsie, I think you will feel very confident carrying. also check out elspeaforum for lots of info on this gun and accessories from fellow owners. :) good luck and happy and safe shooting.
    I think it might be spelled this way: Elsie Pea Forum - The #1 Ruger LCP Owner Forum and Information Source ...But then again, who's counting?
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast