Walter .380 PPK/S Like or dislike Comments welcome. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walter .380 PPK/S Like or dislike Comments welcome.

1. Thank you everyone for your input. :-)

I have the PPK, the PPK/S and a Bersa Firestorm .380. I would recommend anyone of them. The PPK/S have had some issues with the slide assembly and that will cause failure to feed and jamming, but a trip back to S&W and that problem gets resolved with a new slide. The PPK is a bit more comfy on a IWB carry. The Bersa has a better fit and feel.

What can I say. The Walther PPK is a classic.
    I carry one from time to time... I changed the grips for some houge grips and it is very comfortable.
    also they make a walther CCW model and it is a slim polimer version very nice and light.

You also can change the grips to wood and it make it a very classy gun.

James Bond approved message. ...But the gun is not going to get you the hot girls.

with a Walther you love them or you do not...so choose wyse. I recommend you get a German pre-ban they are super reliable, but the price is high for one of them.

good luck.

Wife has one, says she loves it, uses it for primary carry as it fits her hand better than a 9mm. she is very comfortable with it and loves shooting it. I am looking to use one as a BUG, after shooting hers, found it to be accurate. I would recommend one.
    The nation which forgets its defenders will itself be forgotten
    VFW Life Member
    NRA Member

Walther is a quality product and I have never had one fail. To me, this is a top two consideration when choosing a self-defense firearm. However, I imagine the reason that some gunsmiths are resistant to working on them (giving the advice to use ball ammo instead of doing their job and polishing the feed ramp like they were asked to do) is they are complicated to disassemble (not to clean, but to work on) and they are high quality steel which takes more processing work than just buffing it and handing it back to you. Find a Walther-certified gunsmith and tell him you want the gun worked to feed current hollowpoints. To a COMPETENT gunsmith, there are three or four things that can be worked to get the gun more "hollowpoint reliable."

A fantastic firearm from a wonderful company - I don't think anyone would ever be disappointed from choosing this piece.

I owned a PPK/S made by Smith & Wesson. The gun fit me quite well and
    felt very good in my hand. But, it turned out the gun was a real turkey.
    It would not fire factory round nose ammunition reliably, but it would
    fire factory hollow points OK. It would not fire my reloads reliably
    either.

Since factory hollow points usually sell for around $1.00 per round, I
    could not afford to practice with the gun. So I gave the gun what it
    needed most: A new owner.

Good luck if you purchase one. Maybe you will be luckier than I was.
    The Second Amendment is NOT about hunting!

If you want to pick up chicks, get the Walther P99 to go along with your BMW motorcycle. Works great for James Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    If you want to pick up chicks, get the Walther P99 to go along with your BMW motorcycle. Works great for James Bond.
    You know, that's EXACTLY why I ride AND carry a Walther.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    You know, that's EXACTLY why I ride AND carry a Walther.
    American Motorcyclist Association

11. I just bought a new S&W PPK/S .380 and today took it to the range to give it a testing.
    It shot with no problems no FTF or FTE and no jams.
    It is a very accurate small handgun, but because it's small you must keep a firm grip on it.
    As for the recoil I did not find it to be a problem, but I also shoot a Glock23 .40 and it does have a really sharp recoil you notice quickly.
    I feel the S&W PPK/S is a quality handgun, and will be a good addition to my other carry handguns.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast