Ruger SR40c and Failure to Fire tonight - thoughts? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger SR40c and Failure to Fire tonight - thoughts?

1. Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    Sounds like your Ruger either doesn't like PMC ammo or the PMC ammo you purchased had some REALLY hard primers. My suggestion would be to stay away from PMC ammo and continue running other brands of ammunition through the Ruger. If it proves reliable, then, I'd mark it down as an ammunition problem and just avoid that brand (been there, done that- that's why I refuse to allow ANY CCI Blazer ammunition to go through my guns).

Oh, and ignore the Glock trolls. Gaston Glock did not invent reliability like they seem to believe. Reliable repeating handguns were around for 100 years before he invented his ugly, ungainly (and unsafe, did I mention the 5 pound trigger with no real safety?) combat tupperware.
    Back off fellow forum member Glocks are great firearms, they do work and my Glock23 is a great shooting Glock.

3. Yup, Rifleshooter, they certainly are. I don't own any because they don't point naturally in my hand. Every time I pick one up, it's pointed in a new and different direction.

BUT

They are not the be all and end all that some have been misled to believe. To hear them tell it, NO gun is worth having unless it's a Glock. I just find it hard to bear on occasion when the stock answer from several folks around here essentially boils down to 'If it's not a Glock, it's junk'. It ain't true. You know it ain't true, I know it ain't true and they know it, too, unless they've been saying it so long that they can't recognize the difference between the truth and their own vitriol.

4. I own and shoot two Kimbers 1911s 3"&5" two HKs USP compacts .40&.45acp one Para LDA 4" .45acp one Springfield XD-45 .45acp. one S&W Walther PPK/S .380acp two 38 Spls one Charter Arms 3" 5rd. one S&W 3" 5rd. And one Glock23 .40
    I shoot them all and like them all, they all fit my hand and they all point at the target.
    So if I am happy with a Glock so be it, I could care less what others think of Glocks.

Before the this turns into too much more of another "All Hail the Mighty Glock" (and yes I do own one) - and back to the original question.

My opinion is its an ammo issue. And given you've only thrown 80 or so rounds through it, my guess would be you still have some break in time. Get a couple hundred through it and see how it goes. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by eXGee11 View Post
    That wasn't the OP's question. Its not like he asked for a ccw badge!
    We don't need no stinkin badges!

Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    Yup, Rifleshooter, they certainly are. I don't own any because they don't point naturally in my hand. Every time I pick one up, it's pointed in a new and different direction.

BUT

They are not the be all and end all that some have been misled to believe. To hear them tell it, NO gun is worth having unless it's a Glock. I just find it hard to bear on occasion when the stock answer from several folks around here essentially boils down to 'If it's not a Glock, it's junk'. It ain't true. You know it ain't true, I know it ain't true and they know it, too, unless they've been saying it so long that they can't recognize the difference between the truth and their own vitriol.

Sounds like a "training issue". I've worked with many students over the years that would complain about various guns and once they begin to consistently pick up the firearm the same way on a regular basis, they find that their marksmanship greatly improves.

A large number of folks who complain about the "grip angle" of the Glock simply have marksmanship issues that they refuse to address.

Firearm choice is a personal issue. As long as the firearm is proven reliable, then the manufacturer is irrelevant.
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Feuerhak View Post
    Before the this turns into too much more of another "All Hail the Mighty Glock" (and yes I do own one) - and back to the original question.

My opinion is its an ammo issue. And given you've only thrown 80 or so rounds through it, my guess would be you still have some break in time. Get a couple hundred through it and see how it goes. Good Luck!
    I agree. Seems like an ammo issue. Before carrying ANY firearm for personal protection, test it out with various ammunition to ensure that it feeds properly and is compatible with your firearm. Some firearms do not operate well with a particular brand of ammo for whatever reason. Once you know what will work with your firearm, keep a record so that you will be able to quickly reference it if you need to in the future. In some cases the bullet weight makes a difference. I've seen firearms work flawlessly with a particular brand of ammo in a specific bullet weight, yet load a different bullet weight of the same brand and you get problems.

Good luck and happy shooting!
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I agree. Seems like an ammo issue.
    And I am willing to bet that the ammo in question would function just fine had the OP been using a Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    And I am willing to bet that the ammo in question would function just fine had the OP been using a Glock.
    Hard to say. I've seen military surplus ammo that needed a couple of passes through a Glock to make the cartridge fire. Anyone who's been shooting long enough will eventually encounter problems with their firearm or ammunition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12