Conceder the caliber you carry> - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conceder the caliber you carry>

Great read HK. Thanks. While I do prefer a 40sw to any other caliber. My new Sig p250 9mm is defiantly my new carry gun. I have no questions of this.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

3. Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    . My new Sig p250 9mm is defiantly my new carry gun. I have no questions of this.
    And your chosen 9mm carry load would be....................... ?

thanks !!

16 rounds of Hornady TAP 147gr. Plus one extra magazine
    David

5. 147 ? Why that one ?

It's not doing much more than a hot .38 special, if that.

Round

Quote Originally Posted by David E View Post
    147 ? Why that one ?

It's not doing much more than a hot .38 special, if that.

Do you think the 124 is a better choice?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I read some good information on it.

"The 9mm TAP load almost made it out of the gelatin, going 14.06 inches."

It had good expansion as well
    David

Tap

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    I read some good information on it.

"The 9mm TAP load almost made it out of the gelatin, going 14.06 inches."

It had good expansion as well

I have a couple of boxes. One in 124 and one 147. I think it is good ammo but not cheap. Then again most ammo these days is not.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I agree it's not cheap, but it was as cheap as any of the other defense ammo I looked at. Most importantly it functioned well in my pistol.
    David

10. 14+ inches seems a little much to me, but it works in your gun and you HAVE some, both of which are important factors !!

Wink

Nope, Nope, Nope... This is exactly why the first number in my carry always starts with at least a .4 (.40 or .45).

:austin_powers:A well placed shot through the old melon and setting that clowns denture work on blast and then into the old medulla oblongata woulda done the job. I am all for peeling the back of his skull off the wall in between the Jim Beam and Jack Daniels display. Yep, just a bit messy but this fool probably deserves a closed casket wake anyway.

9mm is cool and 33 bullets later is great practice, but I am sticking with the proven field science and reliable drop history of the number .4- ya just never see these stories after a crooks mango has had a boxing match with old reliable .4X
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast