• Coonan

0 0%
  • Norinco

0 0%
  • ATI Pistol

0 0%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What is your preference in a Hand gun MFG

Glock makes a great weapon, I have a 23, 31 & 32. I just prefer S&W M&Ps. I have 2 40c and Shield 40.

Brought to you by Sham Wow

3. Glock. Never had a complaint with my 26. The 19 had some problems but Glock took care of them.

But when I look back, I think the fact that Glocks were available to rent at my local ranges, had to have something to do with my choice. I did shoot an HK and loved it, but ultimately I chose the Glock.

According to your polls, 33% for Glock, 15% for S&W, and 13% for Springfield. That's almost 2/3's of the voters.

I'd have to say, based on those results, that when Glock introduced its platform it turned the handgun world on its ear. Being first at anything gives one an edge. Now any polymer gun, is considered a Glock wannabe or imitator. Add this to the number of LE agencies that use Glock for their duty weapon and how Glock stands behind its weapons, one can see why the plurality of people picked Glock.

Here's the other thing, put any Glock frame on top of another. What does one notice? All the essential parts are in the same location. So if you go from one Glock to another, everything works the same and is in the same place. This makes it very convenient to go from one Glock to another. Add to it that there are usually 3 sizes to each caliber and that the largest sized magazine will fit into either of the other two smaller sized Glocks. This is a real advantage if you have multiple, same calibered Glocks.

Lastly, the platform is simple. There are few parts. They can be completely taken down with one 3/32" punch. They run well even with little to no oil and can run effectively, even dirty.

It's not flashy, but it gets the job done. Add to it, that it is a relatively inexpensive gun, and it becomes a no brainer.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

I like Ruger for several reasons. They are reliable, they are affordable, they have almost any type of gun you need.
    -
    For example, the 3 Ruger pistols I have (a full size 9mm, compact 9mm and subcompact 380) Cost me about $900 total.
    To get the same in Glock, just the 2 9mm's would cost me about $1200. and from what little research I just did you couldn't even purchase a Glock .380 unless you are a LEO.
    Chief

Blog Entries
    I'm relieved to see no one has voted for Hi-Point... My LGS has one on display he shot with, and I'm not 100% sure, a .30-06 rifle. Blew a big hole in the side.
    "It is not malicious acts that will do us in but the appalling silence and indifference of good people. All that is needed for evil to run rampant is for good women and men to do nothing." -MLK Jr Current Carry: Ruger SR40c

7. I bought my first gun in the early 70's (Colt Gold Cup Series 70) and I still haven't found anything that I can shoot better, for me. Everyone is different and must find their own preference.
    I voted for Sig cause I also have a Sig P220 Scorpion(45ACP), a Sig P2022(40S&W) and P250 9mm (w/45ACP and 357 Sig caliber X-Change kits). The quality of the Sig through all the price ranges are excellent. I think Sig is on the cutting edge of the gun industry
    because of the P250 and they are not advertising it. The P250 is an inexpensive gun for Sig but the fact that it is modular makes it more versatile. You can pull out the Fire Control Unit(FCU) in one piece, the only part that is registered, it comes out of the polymer frame in seconds. You can have a subcompact for CC during the day and switch to a full-size light/laser frame for the bedside gun at night, all from one gun.
    I pulled this off Youtube that explains it better.
    Now, with that being said, I am currently using an XDs 45 as CC (since Jan) and have been very satisfied with it. My next purchase will probably be a Glock. Just to see what all the fuss is about.

Glock. I trust them with my life.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Howdy,

Glock

It works EVERY time.

Paul

10. Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    There are many fine manufacturers on that list, 14 of which I have direct experience with to varying extents. I voted for HK. What can I say - German engineering. The workmanship, fit & finish, and (most importantly) the results when I squeeze the trigger are all unsurpassed IMO. I also know some gentlemen who have real-world experience with HK pistols in the sand, dust, and mud of SW Asia and they swear by them.

HK it is.
    What he said! H&K it the best of the best.

11. I like Ruger. I have a stainless service six .38 I've had since about 1980 and a P-95 I've had for about five years. I like how they feel in my hand, like that they are among the least expensive options available, that they are made in the USA and most importantly I have put thousands of rounds through them without a misfire or jam.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast