1911- Old vs New

Thread: 1911- Old vs New

1911- Old vs New

I had an old Colt Government model 1911 .45 for many years. I only fired FMJ ammo due to the JHP feeding problem of the original model. I just purchased a new Springfield Mil Spec in SS and haven't had it out to shoot as yet. I'll find out soon enough, but before I do I'll ask this anyway. Being Mil Spec, are these new 1911's still prone to JHP feeding problems or has the problem been eliminated ?
    The scariest words in all existence
    "Depart From Me, I Never Knew You"
    - Matthew 7:23 -

From what I HEARD that problem does typically not come up much anymore with current production guns.

4. I had a 4" Kimber and a 3" Kimber that would not work with the Corbon flat nosed HPs. You need to test your new 1911 with any Ammo. you want to depend on if needed. Corbon has the Pow "R' Ball line of Ammo. that is designed for feeding problems.

Ringo, Try Hornady Critical Defense, See if it feeds... I've used it in my Colt Officer's ACP 1911. It's more like a round nose...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Have had no issues with my 1911, I carry critical defense and also corbon.

7. I have the citadel 1911 officer size. And it has eaten everything I put in it. Absolutely flawless operation. I had a high standard full size 1911 g.i. and it didn't like anything but fmj. So from my experience it just depends on the gun.

8. In addition to my last reply. Both of the guns mentioned are made it the same factory.

Thanks for the replies. I should have checked the Springfield website first, it answered my question there. The Mil Spec comes from the factory with a polished feed ramp and throated barrel.
    The scariest words in all existence
    "Depart From Me, I Never Knew You"
    - Matthew 7:23 -

10. I carry the s&w e series SC 1911 new line they have out and it is amazing. I have had 700+ rounds of ammunition of all types through it and not one ftf or jam. I feel the new 1911s are very well made and can be absolutely reliable in a critical defense situation.

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Ringo, Try Hornady Critical Defense, See if it feeds... I've used it in my Colt Officer's ACP 1911. It's more like a round nose...
    It worked where regular HPs had failed in a friends gun.