New Sig
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Sig

New Sig

Thanks to the fact that I went to work Friday and had a bonus check, and from suggestions to someone else from HK4U, I am now the proud owner of my first Sig. I picked up a Sig p250 yesterday. It really feels great in my hand. The modularity of it was such an interesting idea I could not resist. However, at this point my dealer said the different modules run about $400. I am hoping they come down. I have not had a chance to fire it yet. I will let you all know how that goes once I do.

PS. HK4U I did not tell my wife that you are partly responsible for this decision, so she is not mad at you. :D
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Let me know how you like it after you have had time to try it out.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Congrats, I hope you really enjoy it. I've read great reviews on that pistol. $400 is kind of steep, but Sig is usually expensive. I love my P229R Equinox. Sig is going to be releasing .22lr conversion kits for some of their pistols this summer. I'm not sure if there will be one for the P250 or not.

Anyhow, we're looking forward to a range report and review.

Congrats Doc, on the acquisition of a Sig Sauer! Usually, the only complaint you'll hear about a Sig is the cost. Typically, once you fire your Sig, that complaint goes away - until you want another Sig. Then the process starts over...

Here's a pretty good analogy of owning your first Sig. A guy was talking about "The Hobbit" by JRR Tolkien: And I envy my children, for they have not yet read it. Whenever I let someone at the range fire my Sig P220 Compact, they always enjoy it, and not just because they get to push a few free rounds through an firearm. When you look in their eyes, you can see them scheming...

I anticipate your range report and hope it lives up to your expectations.
    I know a man by the name of Mel;
    he can't see but he sure do smell.

congrats on the new pistol.. can't say I have shot one of those.. or even held one.. but all the hype is making me curious.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Congratulations on your new handgun:duim:. I, too, am a bit intrigued by the 'modularity' of this pistol. As you shoot and carry it, pleas keep us apprised of your impressions as well as your experiences.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

I'm screaming to get one of those! I can't get any of my prefered dealers to order one so I can handle it. My favorite dealer [email protected] Weaponry here in Clermont said he do it for around $500 or so but, they don't sell Sigs much and I can't buy a gun I can't hold first.

PLEASE let us know how you like it. If you need some help with the range report, I'll find a few minutes of range time for ya. ;^)
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I'm screaming to get one of those! I can't get any of my prefered dealers to order one so I can handle it. My favorite dealer [email protected] Weaponry here in Clermont said he do it for around $500 or so but, they don't sell Sigs much and I can't buy a gun I can't hold first.

PLEASE let us know how you like it. If you need some help with the range report, I'll find a few minutes of range time for ya. ;^)

Perhaps they will show up at a gun show in your area soon.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

10. :icon_cheesygrin:

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

I agree with R. Lee Ermey. Let's see some pics! :joia:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast