!911 kimber. full size guide rod change.

Thread: !911 kimber. full size guide rod change.

1. !911 kimber. full size guide rod change.

Hi Guys. I am getting a Kimber custom CDP 2 full size pistol.
    I do not like the full size guide rod. I want the G.I. set up with a small guide rod,spring, and plug cap. So whats the best site to get the new items from wilson or someother site. I want the best. and it should just be a drop-in right do I need to get a bushing too and is the cdp cut for the bushing as its a flgr gun?
    I am sure I can see after I get the gun but it takes a long time for kimber to send a new gun out 3-6 months. I want to have the items here when the gun get here.
    Thanks.

Yes, it is a drop in deal, you could use the existing plug or get one without the hole. Brownells or Midway, are a couple of places that should have your standard guide in stock.

4. thanks mr Fox. the spring is the same? so I only need the short guide rod and a plug cap.
    Brownells I will go look at them my first time to visit their website.
    midway guns? is that the name?

It's Midway Shooting Supplies - Shop Shooting Supplies | Reloading | Gunsmithing | Hunting gear — MidwayUSA

With the CDP Custom the barrel is not flared, it uses a regular bushing so you will be able to continue with what comes on the gun.