Paddle or Belt?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paddle or Belt?

1. Paddle or Belt?

Im looking to buy a new owb holster. Im thinking about a fobus evolution for my S&W SD40 but I wanted yalls thoughts on whether a belt holster is better or a paddle holster. If possible please list pros and cons.

Honestly - with Fobus or Blackhawk, I'd do both. Blackhawk SERPA holsters usually come with both paddle and belt mounts in the package. With Fobus, you pay for either the belt or paddle holster...then the attachment for the other is about $10.

Right now I use a Blackhawk SERPA for my M&P 45, and usually use the paddle instead of the belt attach. But I've been thinking about changing to the Fobus Evolution Roto holster system, to give myself a lot more options.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

Oh, and whichever you use...get a nice snug belt. I usually wear an "assault rigger's belt" from Elite Survival Systems. But if your wardrobe is more dressy, you can get a leather 1.25" or 1.5" belt from 5.11 Tactical that has the "permastiff" insert.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

Galco FLETCH is a good option.

For concealed carry in an OWB, I highly recommend a Galco Concealable, asking with a Galco double magazine paddle. They're very comfortable and look good. That's what i'm carrying my Glock 30 in right now, with a Blackhawk CQC gun belt. The holster conceals very well with a loose button-down casual shirt that doesn't have to be tucked in.

something else to consider is whether you take it off and on multiple times a day .. a paddle is easier to remove and put back on than a belt type ..

SB

If we're just being playful she gets the paddle. But if she burns my grilled cheese sammich one more time, she gettin' the belt.

Wait... what were we talking about again?
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    If we're just being playful she gets the paddle. But if she burns my grilled cheese sammich one more time, she gettin' the belt.

Wait... what were we talking about again?

Right? When I was a kid, it was a big wooden spoon. Ouch.

10. I use the Blackhawk Serpa Concealment holster for my Taurus Judge. I myself prefer the paddle hook attachment that comes with the holster but as someone already stated Blackhawk holsters ship with both attachments. The paddle hook is extremely comfortable due to the large paddle distributing the weight more evenly, especially with a heavy pistol. I'm a huge fan of the Serpa retention system in the Blackhawk OWB holsters. With a little practice the release/draw is very natural and smooth as well as having excellent retention. When I want to carry concealed I use a Crossbreed SuperTuck, obviously not with the big ass Judge. With the supertuck a full sized 1911 disapears and my little Beretta PX4 Compact has zero print even in with a fairly snug T shirt tucked in.

I think it a matter of finding one that fits you. Because I have had good and bad experiences with both

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast