Help wanted from CZ82 experts

Thread: Help wanted from CZ82 experts

1. Help wanted from CZ82 experts

I just got a CZ82 from SOG tonite, and I have a concern. When I dry fire the pistol SA or DA, the hammer never physically strikes the firing pin (Please don't waste anyone's time lecturing against dry firing here / it's older than Penn State State Pen jokes are getting). Mag in or out, no change. Obviously, if you know CZ82s, you know that the safety blocks the hammer from dropping, so stating the obvious...the safety has been off on all attempts.

Hoping for a few CZ82 gurus to surface and help me out.

Thanks,
    -Kevin

3. Are you *absolutely certain* it isn't making contact? When the CZ82 hammer is down it doesn't rest on the back of the firing pin. It doesn't look like it is making contact when you pull the trigger either. Did you perform the "pencil test" to see if it will launch a pencil out of the barrel when the trigger is pulled? That's the best way I know to test for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin mosley View Post
    I just got a CZ82 from SOG tonite, and I have a concern. When I dry fire the pistol SA or DA, the hammer never physically strikes the firing pin (Please don't waste anyone's time lecturing against dry firing here / it's older than Penn State State Pen jokes are getting). Mag in or out, no change. Obviously, if you know CZ82s, you know that the safety blocks the hammer from dropping, so stating the obvious...the safety has been off on all attempts.

Hoping for a few CZ82 gurus to surface and help me out.

Thanks,

First, CZs can be dry fired Second the CZ82 has a rebounding hammer it just looks like it isn't hitting the firing pin. It's a safety feature that allows a dumb assed communist officer to carry one w/ the hammer down and not blow his Borscht off
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

5. Thanks, guys. I've learned things already. I will perform the pencil test and reply.
    -Kevin

6. Thanks, guys. I've learned things already. I will perform the pencil test and reply.
    -Kevin

7. My CZ82 shoots #2 pencils well out to about 2 yards, so obviously I was wrong about the hammer not contacting the firing pin. Thank you for your help.
    -Kevin

8. Quote Originally Posted by kevin mosley:245067
    My CZ82 shoots #2 pencils well out to about 2 yards, so obviously I was wrong about the hammer not contacting the firing pin. Thank you for your help.
    It really is a reliable design. The only problem I ran into was mine started failing to return to battery. A Wolff spring pack solved that problem. Glad yours is working properly!