Ruger LCP 380 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP 380

I did get to see one today. I did not get to handle it. Yes, it had a sold sign on it. It looked very nice. A lot better than my Kel Tec. Had I had a choice I would have chosen the Ruger over the Keltec, but since I already have a Keltec, I'll just stick with it. In case I have never voiced my opinion here, I love Ruger.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Gun show this weekend in Vegas. I'll see if there's any there; I have a hard time believing it's really going to be much superior to KelTec...
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

I was just talking to my local gun shop owner and I for one have been waiting for this piece to come in.

I asked him whats taking so long and he told me that the Shortage of them wasnt due to demand so much as...

The weapon had a recall on it due to firing problems when dropped.

Apparently the first run of the weapons were malfunctioning. So they called them all back.. are fixing the problem and taking a second run at it.

So rest assured... They are comming.. we just dont know exactly when yet.
    I would rather be Tried By Twelve than Carried by Six
    Zippo74

they do have a recall on some of the SR9's for that problem. have not seen anything about a recall on the LCP's.
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

6. Send them to Kel-Tec for repair.

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Send them to Kel-Tec for repair.
    thread is over--winnar!

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

8. Picked mine up this week. $269.95. Have not shot it yet though.

Installed the quick-clip from Kel-Tec.

My dad has a Kel-Tec and I will say the Ruger has MUCH nicer finish!
    PA LTCF Permit
    Beretta Tomcat
    Bond Arms Snake Slayer
    Glock 27, 30, 31, 33
    Jennings
    Kimber Ultra CDP II
    Kimber Custom CDP II
    North American Arms
    Ruger Security Six
    Ruger Govt. Blue
    Ruger Govt. Stainless
    Springfield XD
    Wilson Protector

I have not had a chance to see one up close and personal but from the pictures it looks very promising. I already have a mouse gun, a Beretta Tomcat, for times when I need to go real small or for a 2nd or 3rd gun. but I can see where this might be a great addition to my collection.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo74 View Post
    The weapon had a recall on it due to firing problems when dropped.
    From the manual
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!
    EDC Primary: M&P45fs, Crimson Trace LaserGrips, Insight XTI Procyon light in SmartCarry holster
    >>> http://MP-Pistol.com/
    EDC BUF: LCP, Crimson Trace LaserGuard in DeSantis Super Fly holster
    >>> http://LCPforum.com/

I went to the gun show here in Vegas today and there were at least three of them--all priced just below $400:icon_eek:

In two of those cases, there was also a P3AT on the table. The Ruger looked a bit nicer than the KelTec; I didn't think the trigger was much, if any, better, and there was little difference in size. I can't think of any way the Ruger obviously deserved a $100 premium unless you just have to be first to own one among your little circle of friends.

Obviously, I was not impressed enough to buy one.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast