Glock vs XD - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Glock vs XD

Yep, I believe that everywhere around here also gives the discount on the Glock to LEO and Military - because that's supposedly a promotion that Glock has out there. I had a guy at the first place off-base I was looking ask me if I were Mil and he then told me that all the Glock's were $100 off the sticker price for LEO and Mil. It was still cheaper to pick up the XD's, tho, than purchasing a Glock.

I also bought mine at the BX, so paid no sales tax. Little Rock AFB is only one of two USAF bases which sell firearms, so far as I know. Not sure if the price at the BX on Glock's is with the LEO/Mil discount, but I'll ask next time I'm in there. If they're not already knocking it off and waiting for people to ask if they do the discount thing, that's pretty messed up.

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

Glock vs XD

Quote Originally Posted by Griffworks
    Yep, I believe that everywhere around here also gives the discount on the Glock to LEO and Military - because that's supposedly a promotion that Glock has out there. I had a guy at the first place off-base I was looking ask me if I were Mil and he then told me that all the Glock's were $100 off the sticker price for LEO and Mil. It was still cheaper to pick up the XD's, tho, than purchasing a Glock.

I also bought mine at the BX, so paid no sales tax. Little Rock AFB is only one of two USAF bases which sell firearms, so far as I know. Not sure if the price at the BX on Glock's is with the LEO/Mil discount, but I'll ask next time I'm in there. If they're not already knocking it off and waiting for people to ask if they do the discount thing, that's pretty messed up.

$409 for 40s and 9s. Subcompacts only have 2 mags. Compacts and full sized get 3 mags.
    www.holstershock.com

Tell 'em CDR Glock sent ya!

That's a pretty darned good price. I've not seen any but used Glock's in the local area for close to that (final) price. They wanted right about $500 on-base - which I found out already includes the discount - for the Glock's they have there. I wish I'd gotten in on the Springfield Armory promo they did for the XD line where you sent in a coupon for two free Mag's, giving a total of four mag's for an XD purchase.

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

Glock vs XD

To think I almost bought an XD for $400, used a couple of weeks ago. I saw a used XD SC40 for $299.

I have the 23/27 lineup.
    www.holstershock.com

Tell 'em CDR Glock sent ya!

i paid barely over 500 for my g23 rtf2 new with 3 mags, safariland paddle holster and mag pouch and one box of ammo.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

7. glock vs xd

both weapons exceed any operator's need for accuracy.
    as a defensive carry weapon, the glock is superior because of it's simpler firing protocol. the xd, with it's grip safety and external safety, present 4 problems. each external safety can malfunction, preventing the weapon from firing - and - the operator can fail to correctly manipulate either of the 2 external safeties, also rendering the xd inoperable. in the heat of the moment, fine motor skills vanish, and you want a weapon with the least possible snafu opportunities.
    both need to be kept clean for maximum operating effectiveness, anyone who fires their weapon and doesn't clean it afterwards is asking for trouble - that's a statistical certainty.
    they can both be bought for about 500 new.
    the glock has proven more reliable over a greater period of time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234