Walther PPK/S .380 Feedback Requested. - Page 4

View Poll Results: Is a semi-auto with a top 8 rd capacity obsolete?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Depends on the skills of the shooter.

18 81.82%
  • Depends on the accuracy/build of the pistol.

1 4.55%
  • More lethal ammo makes up for less ball/FMJ.

3 13.64%
  • Walther is a fossil no matter what U do.

1 4.55%
  • Plenty of back-up mags compensate.

2 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Walther PPK/S .380 Feedback Requested.

As someone else noted, I'm a little late here to do any real good, but I have a PPK/S - my second one. The first was a Stainless that I had to get rid of in a deep financial drought. This one is a hand-me-down blue jobby from a cop who used it as a BUG. Like the pants on the guy with the 5 penises, it fits like a glove!

I love 'em! They seem to have a persnickity disposition when it comes to ammo, and mine seems to particularly love Winchester Silvertip JHP's...shoots 10's at 25 yards with them! Quite a treat for such a small item.

As for confidence, I have plenty of faith in both the gun and the ammo. I recommend it fully, but I'd spend some money, and a day at the range, trying all brands and types of ammo until you find the one combination that tells you you've found the right mix. Sure, it's not a .45 . . . but it's way better than a rock or a stick!

Wear it in good health!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32░ & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Ppk/s-1

I owned one for about a year and a half. I put about 1500 rounds through it before I gave up.

From this and other webb sites I learned that the Smith & Wesson made version is pretty much a
    hit and miss proposition (pun intended!). You either get a good one, or you don't. I didn't. I could not
    get that thing to fire consistently. It seem that every time I took it to the range, it found a new way to
    jam. It absolutely would not fire my reloads without jamming. The thing would not even fire factory
    round nose ammo without jamming.

On the good side, it would fire factory hollow-points alright, at more than $1.00 per round.

So, one day I woke up and said ENOUGH! I sold it!

Now one may ask why I took more than a year to decide to give up on it. The thing felt so good in my hand
    it seem to be part of me, and it was extremely easy to conceal. I kept trying to find a combination that
    would work.

So, if your PPK/S-1 works, you have something worth hanging on to there! Enjoy it!

If like mine, it doesn't work, sell it and buy a revolver!
    The Second Amendment is NOT about hunting!

Talking

2bear arms,
    I sent the S/N, 5 JPG's and S & W & 'Under license of Carl Walther Waffenfabrik, Ulm/Do'
    This came back 2-days from mail.smith-wesson.com, "Gazda, Paul"
    "That is a U.S. made model, Smith & Wesson Maine plant 02/2003 on the build date."
    Took 2 days from following your advice and now turns out that Walther PPK/S-1 is one of my newer weapons build-wize.
    WOW, thanks a million for helping to date it for me, it's a newer Yanky model alright.
    Respects.....

Canis-Lupus

Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupus View Post
    2bear arms,
    I sent the S/N, 5 JPG's and S & W & 'Under license of Carl Walther Waffenfabrik, Ulm/Do'
    This came back 2-days from mail.smith-wesson.com, "Gazda, Paul"
    "That is a U.S. made model, Smith & Wesson Maine plant 02/2003 on the build date."
    Took 2 days from following your advice and now turns out that Walther PPK/S-1 is one of my newer weapons build-wize.
    WOW, thanks a million for helping to date it for me, it's a newer Yanky model alright.
    Respects.....

Canis-Lupus

Piece of junk, I'll give you 30 bucks for it just to keep it from blowing up in your hand .

Enjoy it, I've never owned one but I've always wanted one.

2 Quoth 2beararms "Enjoy it, I've never owned one but I've always wanted one."
    "You'll shoot your eye out kid!" JK ;-**
    From that stupid 80's movie they run every Christmas 'bout the kid who wants the BB gun above all else from Santa. I think I got a honey of a BUG and with some CORęBAN's .380 HP, I think 8 tries should bring down something. Stick with normal luger .380's for range fire.
    Will post some JPG's on the range or ask the BG to hold my camera as I have his/her attention and hope the vibration stabilizer works on my Nikon CoolPix L15.
    Thanks again USA Carry.

Canis-Lupus

Canis, you don't like that movie? I thought it was pretty funny. It has become one of the movies of tradition we watch each Christmas season along with Miracle on 34Th street and It's a Wonderful life, etc.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

8. 9mm " kurz " is what is stamped . Kurz is German for short . AKA 9mm Browning (.380)

I love my PPK....however, it has been at S&W for two months now! I dropped it off when the news broke of the recall. I left a message at S&W on the gen voicemail and have not gotten a response. I'd like to have it back before the summer! Enjoy yours.....great gun!

10. Walther PPK/S .380

I bought my Walther PPK/S .380 last year and love it. I use a Don Hume leather hip holster and you can't see it when I hav a Tee shirt or coat.

As for the weapon itself. I have never had a problem with it. I may shoot 100 rounds every couple weeks just practicing and the shot groups are very good at a fair distance. i find it very accurate and mechanically sound.

11. For those dressy occasions...Interarms PPK/S with Altamont Oak Leaf Grips and an Alessi Belt Holster. I have 1000's of rounds through this little pistol and she is 100% reliable. I DO use FMJ ammo as this is what the PP series of pistols was designed to shoot.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234