Looking for CC pistol
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for CC pistol

1. Question Looking for CC pistol

Hello, I've been a member here for a little while, but this is my first post. anyways, I currently own a CZ 40P and open carry it most of the time, (NC) but I would like to have something for concealed carry. I'd like to stick with .40 cal, but I might consider a 9mm. My CZ is a decocker model and I really like that, but really my only requirements are .40 cal and ambidextrous safety (I'm left handed). I really like the Sig Sauer's, but none of them are lefty-friendly.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Beginner's Guide to Carry

I recommend The Beginner's Guide to Carry for anyone new to carry. http://concealedcarryforum.com/forum...?TOPIC_ID=4121
    Last edited by HowardCohodas; 07-05-2008 at 04:05 PM.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!
    EDC Primary: M&P45fs, Crimson Trace LaserGrips, Insight XTI Procyon light in SmartCarry holster
    >>> http://MP-Pistol.com/
    EDC BUF: LCP, Crimson Trace LaserGuard in DeSantis Super Fly holster
    >>> http://LCPforum.com/

I have a Walther P5 compact. Very nice gun and it ejects to the left side. As far as I know it is the only one that does. The slide release is however on the left hand side so it may not help much. I am not a lefty but I can't say that the direction of ejection was ever noticeable while I was firing it. If you have ever seen the Walker Texas Ranger T.V. shows that were on in the 90's it is the gun that Walker's partner carried. Not sure if they are still in production. I do know they were quite expensive but a very good hand gun although it is a 9mm.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Glocks are truely lefty friendly.

Welcome to USA Carry.

Assuming that money is not an object, have you considered purchasing a 1911? Sure they are chambered in .45 instead of .40, but that should not be a problem, should it? Their slim design makes them easily concealable and best of all for you, the safety lever is located near the rear of the slide on the left hand side.

7. Since ,you already have a CZ, and I assume you like it, why not consider the CZ2075 RAMI. This is a sub-compact in either 9MM or .40

It is higly concealable. There are also grip extenders for the mags to make it a little more comfortable for those with bigger hands.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

My Sig P250 seems to be ambidextrous. It does not have a safety. It's DAO. The slide release is on both sides. The magazine release can be swapped from one side to the other. It is, however, not exactly small. Good luck. It's a 9mm, but can be changed. You can get different frames and calibers for it, but the kits don't come cheap.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    My Sig P250 seems to be ambidextrous. It does not have a safety. It's DAO. The slide release is on both sides. The magazine release can be swapped from one side to the other. It is, however, not exactly small. Good luck. It's a 9mm, but can be changed. You can get different frames and calibers for it, but the kits don't come cheap.

It is, however, not exactly small.

Dr.David you got the compact model didn't you. I think it will be quite a bit smaller with the sub compact conversion.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by twobitshooter View Post
    Hello, I've been a member here for a little while, but this is my first post. anyways, I currently own a CZ 40P and open carry it most of the time, (NC) but I would like to have something for concealed carry. I'd like to stick with .40 cal, but I might consider a 9mm. My CZ is a decocker model and I really like that, but really my only requirements are .40 cal and ambidextrous safety (I'm left handed). I really like the Sig Sauer's, but none of them are lefty-friendly.

Any suggestions?

thanks
    Sig's aren't very budget friendly, either.

The new line of Berettas that are coming out tend to be ambidextrous. Most that I know of have an ambi. safety. I think even the new PX4 has some slight modifications to switch the magazine release and the ejector to the left side. They run in the neighborhood of $400-$600 I think.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

I just got another baby eagle, which is a cz chlone, and a lot of people say better than the cz. the grip is very comfortable. the safety/decocker is ambedextrous. you can get it in 9mm, .40, and .45. full size, semi compact, or compact. they also make some with a polymer frame to lighten it up a bit. good luck let us know what you choose.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast