Got a new Glock 17 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Got a new Glock 17

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    In my opinion, Hi Point handguns are the absolute ugliest handguns on the face of planet Earth. Their carbines are even uglier. WTF were the designers thinking? If I owned the company that makes Hi Points, I would hire someone to make the weapons better looking.

    Why redesign them when they can't keep up with production as is? Hi Point is one of the largest (number of guns produced) gun makers in the country; if I owned Hi Point I'd invest in physical plant to make as many as possible and laugh all the way to the bank. While some criticize the look, many others just buy and use.


    BTW, I have owned several of them. The pistols are nothing special, just ugly, heavy, and work well. The carbines are pretty cool and extremely dependable. If you're into pistol caliber rifles you should definitely give them a look.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Why redesign them when they can't keep up with production as is? Hi Point is one of the largest (number of guns produced) gun makers in the country; if I owned Hi Point I'd invest in physical plant to make as many as possible and laugh all the way to the bank. While some criticize the look, many others just buy and use.


    BTW, I have owned several of them. The pistols are nothing special, just ugly, heavy, and work well. The carbines are pretty cool and extremely dependable. If you're into pistol caliber rifles you should definitely give them a look.

    Everything you say is correct, however, if I have the money, then appearance is definitely a consideration in a carry handgun, and that is one of the reasons I switched to the Glock from the Hi Point (that and the fact that Glocks are much better guns than Hi Points).

  4. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Everything you say is correct, however, if I have the money, then appearance is definitely a consideration in a carry handgun, and that is one of the reasons I switched to the Glock from the Hi Point (that and the fact that Glocks are much better guns than Hi Points).
    While I agree that I'd not carry a Hi Point pistol, the carbines are still pretty neat little rifles. After all don't you want to be as cool as this guy?



    (not a hi point carbine--but similar in appearance and just as ugly) Sorry if his being topless embarrasses y'all.
    Last edited by NDS; 08-18-2008 at 10:23 AM.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    While I agree that I'd not carry a Hi Point pistol, the carbines are still pretty neat little rifles. After all don't you want to be as cool as this guy?



    (not a hi point carbine--but similar in appearance and just as ugly) Sorry if his being topless embarrasses y'all.
    What guy? Did you intend to attach a picture and forget to do so?

  6. #15
    Congrats on the New Glock. Easy to shoot once you're used to it and there's always plenty of accesories if you're into that.

    I've never seen a Hi Point but I googled it and yes, they're ugly. As Sin itself. However $230 for 9mm rifle is pretty cool if you ask me.
    Last edited by Memphis; 08-18-2008 at 09:02 AM.
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    What guy? Did you intend to attach a picture and forget to do so?
    Oh it used to be there all right. I guess a publicity still of MR. NRA made somebody blush.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

  8. The glocks sit on the same shelf as my 1911s, but they but they don't have names .1911s are part of the family.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Congrats on the New Glock. Easy to shoot once you're used to it and there's always plenty of accesories if you're into that.

    I've never seen a Hi Point but I googled it and yes, they're ugly. As Sin itself. However $230 for 9mm rifle is pretty cool if you ask me.

    That may be, but that still doesn't compensate for their hideous appearance.

  10. If you pay more than $130.00 for a 9 Hi-Piont you got took. Here thay sell for $99.00 to $130.00 new.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast