Getting a new carry...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting a new carry...

Getting a new carry...

I'm looking at a new carry gun. Currently I'm considering the Glock 26 and the subcompact XD with 3 inch barrel. I'm really liking the Glock at this point, because it's a lot easier to find good holsters for. The Glock seemed lighter, but according to the specs, they weigh exactly the same when loaded. It may be that the weight of the XD is more evenly distributed. I also like the ease of field stripping both. The Taurus 111 is a possibility too, but I haven't handled one yet.

My general requirements are that it be small and in 9mm, a caliber that I'm heavily invested in - and of course eat defense ammo reliably.

If anyone owns any of the above, what are your opinions on reliability, accuracy, etc? Any other suggestions?
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

My wife has the Glock although she carries a Smith revolver. She has trouble racking the slide on the Glock. We both have shot it with no feeding problems and it seems to be a fine little gun. Very concealable. Also I have a friend that carries the 26 and he really likes it. Can't help with the XD as I do not have one nor as of yet shot one. I have heard good things about it and know a number of posters here have one so I am sure they will be able to hep you.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

4. Both of them are very good guns, but have you looked at the M&P you may want to take a look at it in the 9mm compact. Nice all round gun. Just my 2cents.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Honestly, no matter which one you choose, you can't really go wrong. Both are good guns, and both are accurate and easy to conceal. I suppose the edge would go to the Glock, for the reason you stated, which is the ease in finding a holster for it.

I might have to check out the M&P...the stock grip looks comfortable, and 12+1 is a lot of rounds for a compact, without being that much bigger than the 26.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

7. I like the feel of the M&P over the Glock but I was just me I have a small hand and it fit me well.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

I have the XD40SC and I can't begin to tell you what a wonderful firearm this is.

I know you are looking for the 9, which should be even better for you. The XD SC is a POA, POI gun, that you will be thoroughly pleased with.

See if you can find a local range that rents them out and have a go with it...

I have a G26 that I love. I shoot it every bit as well as my full sized Glock. I carry it in a "High Noon Hideaway" in waistband horsehide holster that is excellent quality.
    Last edited by notsobigal; 08-15-2008 at 09:51 PM.

My brother has the xd sc but in .40 cal. The problem he has with it is like you said, he is having problems finding a good holster. Accuracy? He says mine is more accuate but I can shot just as well with his 3"sc as I can with my 4" service model. I can keep a 6 inch group at 25 yards with his so I dont think accuracy should be a problem.
    If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.
    Ted Nugent

11. I have a Glock 27 but, of the three, Glock, XD and M&P, I think the M&P has a much better trigger than the other two and feels like a natural pointer to me.

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast