Beretta M5 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta M5

Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupus View Post
    Yup, that's a familiar M9 Beretta 92-FS all right. Good luck collecting and for $470 U got a good weapon. Range fire and self-protection perfect. Correct for the lack of kinetic knock-down power with good 1-shot, 1-kill hollow-point ammo when U pack, a single 9mm ball shot seldom stops a methed-out big BG unless U manage a heart or head shot 1st round as he closes on U @ 10=15 meters per second! The Geneva Convention rules following U.S. military won't let it's troops compensate for this combat disadvantage SNAFU with good (expensive) ammo, but U can :-) Save the Luger 9mm ball for range practice.
    Nice chatting with you fellow Beretta owner,

Canis-Lupus
    I've used Hydrashocks for a long time but I'm thinking about trying to find something in +P and with more copper plating like Cor-Bon DPX. You could drink coffee out of those. This is supposed to be able to handle the higher pressure.

I sent 13 of our M9s when I was in Hawaii to a shooting competition in Austrailia in 2002. 11 came back non mission capable. The most common fault was that the safety seared off the gun...it literally broke in half and you could hold the peices. I've lugged around the M9 my last couple trips to the middle east. It worked everytime I fired it over there, but I still have doubts due to my previous experience. I will never purchase a Beretta product for personal use.

Quote Originally Posted by {TEX**Hawaii(( View Post
    I sent 13 of our M9s when I was in Hawaii to a shooting competition in Austrailia in 2002. 11 came back non mission capable. The most common fault was that the safety seared off the gun...it literally broke in half and you could hold the peices. I've lugged around the M9 my last couple trips to the middle east. It worked everytime I fired it over there, but I still have doubts due to my previous experience. I will never purchase a Beretta product for personal use.
    I know what you mean TEX. I've always known them to be an ok pistol but would only have one as a fun gun. Never for carry.

Do you plan on dressing up your new gun with any cool new accessories?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12