Wheel gun - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wheel gun

Unfortunatly, while doing some horse trading to get enough cash, the Mod 60 was sold Sunday.
    So I'm back to square one. Went to shoot this morning & the range had a Taurus Mod 82, blued
    for $320. Wasn't exactly what I wanted, so I passed. They had 2 of them, so I'll keep looking.
    Maybe next Tue. I'll buy a Taurus.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Everybody I've talked to too, it seems to be kinda a hit or miss thing. People who have shot taurus Semis either love em or hate em. Everyone I've shot felt like it was about to rattle itself apart in my hands. Tolerances were way to loose for my preference.
    Oh man! I forgot... I have a PT1911-AR! How could I forget that?! I have put almost 1000 rds through that pistol with very little issue. It's a very reliable piece that handles a pretty wide range of ammo. The finish isn't world class but, I don't care to much about it. The tolerances are not very tight, not like a Kimber... but I've had some 'old timers' tell me that a loose fitting 1911 is a good thing, so far it's working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    Unfortunatly, while doing some horse trading to get enough cash, the Mod 60 was sold Sunday.
    So I'm back to square one. Went to shoot this morning & the range had a Taurus Mod 82, blued
    for $320. Wasn't exactly what I wanted, so I passed. They had 2 of them, so I'll keep looking.
    Maybe next Tue. I'll but a Taurus.
    FWIW, I don't think you can go wrong with a Taurus revolver. They aren't going to be a S&W, so don't expect that quality... if you go in understanding this, you'll be happy with the purchase. If the trigger isn't to your liking, you can get a gunsmith to swap the springs for very little cost. I fully trust the Ultralite .38Spl I have with my life and the others are home defense pieces, placed around the house. I do have one S&W Model 15, .38Spl though... not sure how old it is but it still shoots fine... don't like the grip though. It's another home defense wheel gun, so I haven't bothered to change it.
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.

That Taurus actually felt good in my hands.
    Thought about it on the way home, & almost
    turned around a couple times.
    It is a 38sp. But I doubt I would shoot 357 anyway.
    Just a range gun.
    Appreciate your oppinions. Range is only 20 min.
    away, so I can go anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Well when you chrono a 10mm out of a semi and a revolver let me know, id like to see it. A .357 mag and a 9mm over an average of bullet weights have roughly the same stopping power. Difference is the .357s case is 14mm longer and takes almost twice the powder. I feel like if you take the same cartridge fired out of a semi and a revolver given the same barrel length the difference is going to be more than slight. Also you're right, a revolver shooting a hot 10mm won't limp wrist if you get a poor grip on it. It'll just blow itself out of your hand. And why are you shooting wadcutters for self defense? If in fact you're using them to shoot targets, I digress, why do you need to be shooting a .40? What's wrong with .38 wadcutters? Sorry, I'm not judging, I just don't see the logic behind it.
    A 357 mag and a 9mm have the same stopping power, ......that dont sound right, got to do a bit of research......
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    A 357 mag and a 9mm have the same stopping power, ......that dont sound right, got to do a bit of research......
    From everything I've read and seen the 357 magnum is actually more on par with the 45 acp when it comes to "stopping power". Actually I tend to remember the 357 magnum having an edge over the 45 in terms of raw kinetic energy.

I went back this morning & got the Taurus. For a range gun, I'm pretty satisfied.
    Didn't have time so shoot it, but will do so next Tues. Will give a report on how it goes.
    I thank you for your oppinions & comments.

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    I went back this morning & got the Taurus. For a range gun, I'm pretty satisfied.
    Didn't have time so shoot it, but will do so next Tues. Will give a report on how it goes.
    I thank you for your oppinions & comments.
    Don't think that .38Spl is only a range gun...

[QUOTE=Timothy Bryant;429211]From everything I've read and seen the 357 magnum is actually more on par with the 45 acp when it comes to "stopping power". Actually I tend to remember the 357 magnum having an edge over the 45 in terms of raw kinetic energy ................................. What you and Mr creek are saying is partly right but only with a lightly loaded 357 mag rd, look at a good ballistics chart and you will see that with normal to hot 357 mag loads they pretty much have a 9mm and 45 covered
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Don't think that .38Spl is only a range gun...
    Never said it was only a range gun in that sense. Only that I would probably only use it as such.
    Any gun is better than no gun. If it was all I had, sure, I would load it up with some 38+P & carry it.
    My Dad was a cop in the 50's & 60's, & he carried one very much like it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast