Wheel gun - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wheel gun

1. No personal experience, but gun tests did a review of the 405SS2, not sure if it's the same pistol but they gave it good marks.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog97 View Post
    No personal experience, but gun tests did a review of the 405SS2, not sure if it's the same pistol but they gave it good marks.
    This is the M82 in 38sp. 4" barrel, 6 shot.

That's a beautiful handgun, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Thanks alot. It's funny, but when I was looking for a revolver, this one didn't even come to mind.
    But when I handled it the other day, it just felt good, & the price was right. Done deal ! ( Took me
    long enough.)

JSDinTexas Guest
    I carry a S&W 638 BUG - really nice in the front pocket. And while my main carry is a G30, I figured cops have been saving their butts with that .38 special for 90 or so years so it must have something going for it.

Finally scored a little bit of ammo on another forum. So I'll be off to the range Tue. to check it out.

Let us know how it shoots!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Ok, went this morning & had a good session with this. Shot some old wadcutters, some re-loads, & some HD.
    No problem with any of it.
    Gun ran real smooth, trigger was a bit light in single action. Was able to put 50 rounds in a 3x5" target.
    Real surprised with the lack of recoil, HD's were a little snappy, but a lot better than shooting an Airweight.
    The weight of this gun is just right for me.
    For what i paid for this gun, I would recommend it to anyone as a first revolver. I know there are more expensive guns out there, but for my needs, I am totally satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    FWIW, I don't think you can go wrong with a Taurus revolver. They aren't going to be a S&W, so don't expect that quality... if you go in understanding this, you'll be happy with the purchase. If the trigger isn't to your liking, you can get a gunsmith to swap the springs for very little cost. I fully trust the Ultralite .38Spl I have with my life and the others are home defense pieces, placed around the house. .
    Both the S&W 60-.357 (mine) & the Taurus .85 Ultra-Lite .38spl. (wife's) are excellent revolvers. Hundreds of rounds fired, never a problem, always dependable, very accurate.

Wheel gun-guns3.jpg
    It's LOVE That Constrains Me To Be Truthful And Tell People That They Are Lost And Headed For HELL If They Don't Know Jesus Christ, Not Hate. Hate says nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Both the S&W 60-.357 (mine) & the Taurus .85 Ultra-Lite .38spl. (wife's) are excellent revolvers. Hundreds of rounds fired, never a problem, always dependable, very accurate.

Wheel gun-guns3.jpg
    I'd like to get a set of those grips for the Taurus. Where'd you get them?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast