I just recently acquired a DE .357 from an auction. It is a two-tone stainless and blued early model in 'good' condition with about 95% of the finish remaining and about 5% showing wear marks (presuming from some kind of holster or perhaps bad storage over the years.

I am considering refinishing it to 'bring it back to life'. I know it will not do much to increase the value (as DE's are expensive enough as it is).

I am considering electroless nickel plating as I've read that guns with minor to moderate pitting (this has some minor pitting on the left side of the slide - again due to possible improper long term storage).

My question.. has anyone ever used this process to refinish one of their guns and if so do you have recommendations for a good shop that can perform that work?