Finally picked up two NAA .22lr Mini Revolvers!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Finally picked up two NAA .22lr Mini Revolvers!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115

    Thumbs up Finally picked up two NAA .22lr Mini Revolvers!

    Finally got two of 'em, $210 a piece. Shot them over the weekend, these are fun little guns! I figure, much like they advertise... these are NOT a first choice but will be better than nothing and are a good, reliable BUG... or BUG to a BUG, lol. I just went with the .22lr b/c out of such a ahort barrel you don't see much of an advantage using .22WMR, in most cases. Additionally, .22lr is cheap (sorta) and plentiful (for me, anyway). I have the rosewood grips on them and it looks great, I'll probably keep them. The Wifey liked shooting them too, that's a plus. As expected though... these little [email protected] are loud! That too, is a good thing in a defense scenario... you hope, anyway.

    Just thought I'd share! Anybody else pick one up recently, or any other pistol?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

  2.   
  3. I have one that is with me 24/7 and I love it. I have the folding handle for mine which makes it easy to clip on my belt or fold and slip in my shorts pocket. I have pretty large hands so it is also easy to hold in my hand if I sense any kind of danger and the only way you would know it's a pistol is seeing the opening of the barrel. I'm thinking about getting the laser for it but don't know if it would really be beneficial.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115
    I had the option of the folding handle one, but I don't like those. I doubt I'll put a laser on it, I want to keep it as concealable as possible... and though the laser doesn't add much, it's something. In testing, I found it to be accurate enough at 3 yards... wouldn't really trust it past that, accuracy wise. So far, I love carrying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

  5. #4
    I've got a NAA .22 mag and carry it often during daylight mainly as I'm working and it just dosen't get in the way. Not worried about it showing in as I carry it in pocket on the leg of my pants. It is very accurat for it's size. I can hit a 5" circle @ 50' with it. I use it for riding my mountain bike. Had mine for years, first one I traded
    for a 30 30 Canadian Annaversary Octagon Barreled Winchester. That one is in buddy's boot where he rests to this day. He carried it everywhere in his boot. He is well protected with the ashes of his K-9's and the .22 mag in the after life.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

  6. #5
    I'm not trying to be funny here, but how do you hold one of those tiny revolvers? Two fingers? They look well made, but I seriously doubt I could find a way to grip one, a S&W Model 60 is about as small as I go.

  7. man, this is fantasyland. Those things are very slow into action, very hard to hit with at speed, and very slow for repeat shots. Not a good idea, especially when the load you are using is so feeble. The Keltec P3AT 380 is 5"x4" and 9 lousy ozs. If you can't find a way to always have that on you, you are one sad sack. It's not much, but it's got 2x the power of a .22lr mini-revolver with each shot, and you can hit 5x per second with it, on the chest at 10 ft or so, or on the head, at arm's length, while struggling, etc. Beats the hell out of a mini-revolver or a derringer, while being a lot easier to ccw than a .38 snub.. At least, with the DAO keltec, you don't have to fumble around cocking a tiny SA hammer, with no trigger guard or any butt, really, to help you hang on to the gun while you do so!

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD13 View Post
    I'm not trying to be funny here, but how do you hold one of those tiny revolvers? Two fingers? They look well made, but I seriously doubt I could find a way to grip one, a S&W Model 60 is about as small as I go.
    It's not really that difficult. You hold it primarily with your middle finger and thumb around the grip, and you can use your other hand to clasp you fingers tighter. So far, mine are well made... they're made of stainless steel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115
    Quote Originally Posted by yuppor View Post
    man, this is fantasyland. Those things are very slow into action, very hard to hit with at speed, and very slow for repeat shots. Not a good idea, especially when the load you are using is so feeble. The Keltec P3AT 380 is 5"x4" and 9 lousy ozs. If you can't find a way to always have that on you, you are one sad sack. It's not much, but it's got 2x the power of a .22lr mini-revolver with each shot, and you can hit 5x per second with it, on the chest at 10 ft or so, or on the head, at arm's length, while struggling, etc. Beats the hell out of a mini-revolver or a derringer, while being a lot easier to ccw than a .38 snub.. At least, with the DAO keltec, you don't have to fumble around cocking a tiny SA hammer, with no trigger guard or any butt, really, to help you hang on to the gun while you do so!
    It's not a primary carry weapon for most people, but it beats not having a gun on you if you can't/don't want a to carry a larger one. They're not really that difficult to handle and fire relatively rapidly, the hammer is large enough to re-cock quickly. The recoil of the .22lr isn't bad, just have a firm grip on the weapon. A pistol like this is a "Get Off Me Gun"... a last resort option before you pull a knife, baton or your fists. Another aspect you are over looking, carry wise... some people can't carry larger pistols at work, for many reasons... so they carry these. My wife couldn't carry an IWB anything b/c of the dress code at her job and sliding a TCP into her pocket is too obvious and frankly, as she says, just gets annoying. Different strokes for different folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

  10. #9
    NAA .22 MAG is my carry gun. Front pocket with the fold up handle. The handle becomes the grip. I can hit a silhouette every time at 35'. I wouldn't want to go beyond that with a non rifled 1" barrel. I do notice that about half of the rounds go through the paper sideways. Living in Florida makes it real hard to carry something larger and as for quickness, I'm not going to any gunfights any time soon. I can however; pull it out of my pocket and snap the handle open before someone gets to me coming from 15 feet.

  11. I'm with you Speedbump. Although my NAA isn't my primary carry weapon, it is ALWAYS in my posket. And it is an amazingly accurate weapon. With the folding handle it is easy to control and I can carry it in my hand and you would never know what it is. Don't knock the little thing until you've tried it out for a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast