The designer round: .40S&W - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53

Thread: The designer round: .40S&W

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Sooooo let me get this straight...you consider .40 S&W a "designer round" because it's a modified 10mm? That's a pretty weak argument. You posted on your website, in response to viewers, about why you don't feature .40 guns on your show.

    Consider this: The 9x19mm Parabellum was developed from the 7.6521mm Parabellum, which was derived from the 7.6525mm Borchardt (C-93 pistol.) Your argument is basically that the FBI had a good round in the 9x19, and that shortening the 10mm (10x25mm) by 3mm to 10x22mm, creating the .40 S&W was unnecessary. Well, considering that the 9mm was created by shortening the original round by 6mm, I'd say that only having to shorten the 10mm auto by half that (and likewise, reduce the poweder charge a bit as the full load is pretty unmanageable and would be more so in a smaller handgun), thus creating a powerful package with more energy and penetration than the 9mm of the day was a good choice when clearly, as you reported, Platt was able to continue his murder spree because the 9mm cartridge used by the agents was so ineffective that it stopped an inch short from his heart.

    Your post on this site and article on your website is purely opinion. I don't see why you posted it here. Is there a reason, or are you just trying to start a caliber war?
    A: Its not MY site.

    B: Its a designer round based purely on the history and facts. Some people get butthurt by that...

    C: I'm not starting any war here. Actually people have given their opinion on this matter and its been fun to look at ballistic charts etc.

  2.   
  3. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NE Kansas
    Posts
    33
    When the sheriff office I worked for went from S & W .357 revolvers to the new S & W .45acp semi-auto pistol I was delighted. I have carried a S & W .45acp ever since. After I had been retired a few years the office changed to the .40s&w Glock pistol. I admit, I am old fashioned. I like the .45acp and will always like it. The attempts to make other calibers that try and emulate it, like the .40s&w, and the .45gap make me think it if ain't broke why fix it. I carry either a S&W Chief's Special, or Tactical Series in .45acp. Both are light with alloy frames, and easily concealed. I was carrying Speer 230 gr ammo for short barrels. I recently changed to Federal 165 gr Hydrashok. I like firearms made in America, so I try and buy only those. I think people should carry what gun they like, and the caliber they like as long as they are safe.

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    A: Its not MY site.

    B: Its a designer round based purely on the history and facts. Some people get butthurt by that...

    C: I'm not starting any war here. Actually people have given their opinion on this matter and its been fun to look at ballistic charts etc.
    9mm Luger is also a designer round based purely on the history and facts. Every round is a designer round. Get over it.

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Posts
    2,825

    Thumbs up

    If the .40 S&W round is merely a "designer" round as the op claims, then I guess my Glock 27 is not only a very effective self defense sidearm but it's also very 'stylish' as well!
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    If the .40 S&W round is merely a "designer" round as the op claims, then I guess my Glock 27 is not only a very effective self defense sidearm but it's also very 'stylish' as well!
    It would be more stylish if you bedazzeled it
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  7. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    It would be more stylish if you bedazzeled it
    pimp my pistol??

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sepra Peratus/Arkansas
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    pimp my pistol??
    ~
    Just think about it...Pull gun,..Bad Guy blinded by reflected light . Apply bullets in complete leisure and safety.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

  9. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    9mm Luger is also a designer round based purely on the history and facts. Every round is a designer round. Get over it.
    Dude, I'm waaay over it...you're the one stirring up the poo and seem quite upset about it. Its a designer round regardless whether you understand why. It still kills and produces decent ballistic reports. Super duper. I wouldn't go into the woods and shoot sasquatch weiners with it that's all.

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    ~
    Just think about it...Pull gun,..Bad Guy blinded by reflected light . Apply bullets in complete leisure and safety.
    While watching a DVD?

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    Dude, I'm waaay over it...you're the one stirring up the poo and seem quite upset about it. Its a designer round regardless whether you understand why. It still kills and produces decent ballistic reports. Super duper. I wouldn't go into the woods and shoot sasquatch weiners with it that's all.
    I just asked why you posted. Your argument can be used on any modern round.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast